HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. HEKS/EPER provides humanitarian and emergency aid and tackles the causes of hunger, injustice and social deprivation both in Switzerland and abroad. HEKS/EPER has its own coordination offices in approximately 20 countries and around 200 projects worldwide. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance.
HEKS/EPER has been present in Iraq since 2014, implementing emergency relief and early recovery programming for conflict-affected populations, both through direct implementation and partnership with local organisations. Individual projects under the country programme are geared toward value chain development and improving income on the one hand and promoting equality and justice for marginalized minorities on the other. Education and skills development amongst the disadvantaged are central areas of support.
HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong candidate (F/M) to fulfil the position of:
Country Director Iraq, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of a relevant, substantial, and strategic international Humanitarian Aid programme in Iraq in line with HEKS/EPER strategy.
- Ensure an excellent understanding of the political, social and humanitarian context considering internal and regional dynamics.
- Ensure high quality project proposals and reports from local partners and self-implemented projects and support partners in their institutional and capacity development.
- Represent HEKS/EPER in Iraq and develop an extensive network and strong relationships with key national authorities and humanitarian actors, including donors, UN agencies and INGOs representatives (including ACT Alliance partners).
- Assume final responsibility for the finances of the country office and the projects according to HEKS/EPER’s field financial and administration guidelines.
- Ensure the growth of the HEKS/EPER programme through acquisition; development and implementation of a national acquisition strategy based on the donor landscape.
- Manage and coordinate HEKS/EPER country office in Kirkuk.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of local security plans and the security management.
- Ensure the visibility of HEKS/EPER via different communication channels according to HEKS/EPER guidelines.
- Ensure a strong and constructive collaboration with HEKS/EPER’s head office in Switzerland, as well as a good coordination with HEKS/EPER Humanitarian aid programmes in the Middle East.
Expériences / Formation
To be successful you bring:
- You bring a relevant university degree at Master’s level, with at least 5 years’ work experience in a senior management position in an international NGO with international exposure. Work experience in Iraq is considered as an asset.
- Strong experience in access-hindered environments, with experience in supporting emergency response programming, access negotiation and security management, and thus extensive experience in program development and in managing multi-sector programs through partners and by self-implementation.
- Track record of successful acquisition and grant management including working with major institutional donors.
- Highly motivated, initiative, flexible, resilient, solution oriented, and sensitive to cultural values.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and writing skills, as well as strong management and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the key issues and trends in humanitarian and development aid and strong knowledge in HEKS/EPER’s key intervention areas.
What you can expect from us:
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context.
- A competitive salary package.
- Duty station: Kirkuk, Iraq.
- A one-year contract renewable.
- Starting date: as soon as possible, or upon agreement.
Would you like to join the HEKS/EPER team? We are looking forward to your complete application in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates) exclusively via our online portal. Only online applications will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Mr Eric Laurent, Humanitarian Aid Desk Officer, is at your disposal for further information: +41 21 613 40 70.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.
Cliquez ici pour postuler
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email or application letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web unjobvacancies.com