Danish Refugee Council , Bogota, Colombia
The primary objective of the Protection Coordinator is to ensure the full and effective country-wide implementation of all DRC protection activities (refugees, migrants, returnees and IDPs), as well as the responsibility for developing context-sensitive strategies and the implementation of the protection components of DRC’s projects country-wide. The Protection Coordinator also provides technical protection expertise on program development in all relevant projects ensures compliance to DRC programme procedures and guidelines within Colombia. The position will be based in Bogotá, Colombia, with extensive travel to DRC field offices and meetings with partners and donors as necessary.
Protection project management and implementation:
- Ensure quality of the protection interventions including protection monitoring, IPA, legal aid, community-based protection, case management, and prevention and GBV response, and the coherence between all projects, ongoing and proposed, according to overall DRC country strategy.
- Supervise the implementation of the protection monitoring at country level and develop high quality analytical protection monitoring reports based on protection monitoring data and field reports.
- Lead the development of and supervise a national legal aid and advocacy network with key legal aid actors to promote strategic litigation and joint advocacy initiatives.
- Lead the development of DRC´s advocacy strategy and ensure advocacy initiatives are based on evidence.
- Develop project-related operational tools and standard operating procedures for all country protection activities and lead capacity building initiatives for DRC protection staff.
- Lead process of mainstreaming protection to all DRC activities in country.
- Provide inputs for donor proposals and reports.
Program development and strategy:
- Represent DRC via active participation in protection sector at national and regional level.
- Oversee knowledge sharing across teams ensuring that monitoring and evaluation results are understood and used to improve protection programs.
- Drive the development and growth of the protection programs within the DRC program objectives and feed into country-wide strategy development.
- Ensure close cooperation with donors, government counterparts and coordination mechanisms on-site and in synergy with other DRC´s programming.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training for all protection staff.
- Develop and/or review all protection indicators.
- Ensure that SOPs for all protection activities align with DRC country strategy and sector best practices.
- Conduct regular field missions to all field offices to provide technical and operational guidance, support and supervision of the implementation of the protection activities in the field.
- Conduct monthly technical meetings with senior protection field staff for each protection activity (Legal aid,monitoring, CBP, case management and GBV) to ensure coherence with SOPs and the protection strategy.
- Develop protection mainstreaming plan for all DRC projects and provide technical advice and training as needed
Accountability and reporting:
- Develop and monitor relevant accountability initiatives within the protection program as well as strengthen the effort to document the impact of activities.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements.
People Management and technical support:
- Technically supervise protection and GBV managers in the field.
- Lead the recruitment of all protection managers, GBV managers and technical protection staff such as protection/legal aid specialists, including coaching and capacity development.
- Conduct monthly protection meetings with the protection managers to share best practices between the field offices to ensure the highest quality of the protection response.
- Provide technical supervision to the protection mainstreaming officer for the Cash Consortium (CUA – NRC-DRC and ACH) and the overall protection mainstreaming strategy.
Experience And Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in similar positions in humanitarian organizations.
- Experience in writing project proposals and budgets for humanitarian donors.
- Experience of terrain and work with urban, and/or rural, and/or indigenous communities.
- Experience in humanitarian coordination and the development of humanitarian strategies.
- Experience in producing high-quality technical material (training material, protection tools, proposals, strategic documents etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Skills and experience in training, capacity-building, budget management and donor reporting / accountability / compliance.
- Master’s degree in human rights, political science, refugee law or other relevant fields.
15th May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.