Save the Children
CP and SGBV OFFICER
About the Role:
The CP and SGBV Officer is a member of Save the Children’s (SC) CP and CRG program team working at Kirehe Field Office. Under the supervision of the Child Protection Coordinator-Emergency response as a direct line supervisor, the incumbent is in charge of supervising and monitoring the implementation of the CP and SGBV Program activities in Mahama Camp as well as leading and supervising the CP and SGBV community mobilizers/facilitators to ensure that the activities are implemented in the right manner and within the required CP standards and objectives.
The CP and SGBV Officer will supervise and monitor the community CP mobilizers to develop and execute activities as set in the program work plan. Facilitators/volunteers management, community sensitization, supervision and capacity building will be part of the primary purpose of the position
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years’ experience working in the domain of Child Rights, Child Protection or Social Protection;
- Ability to communicate in English and French and Kinyarwanda through verbal and written communication;
- Good technical understanding of child protection and community-based approaches;
- Computer knowledge;
- Strong interpersonal and communication and interviewing skills;
- Be able to prioritize tasks;
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Experience with community development, working with children and schools;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to think critically and to recommend good solutions to problems;
- Strong Organizational skills;
- Ability to conduct outreach at the community level.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS41ODcyMS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.