Shingal Organization for Social Development (SOSD)
As part of CP and Psychosocial support project focusing on provision of Community based child protection to conflict affected boys and girls in camps surrounding Duhok and Zakho cities and in Sinjar city in Iraq. SOSD is working to mitigate the consequences of CP in conflicts and support the displaced boys and girls to overcome their trauma, through Psychosocial Support activities, CBCP centres, Case Management and CP Mobile Team, in addition to; engaging the community leaders and stakeholders to provision of community based child protection in North Iraq – Kurdistan region and Ninawa. SOSD is therefore looking for CP PSS Coordinator to work under aforementioned project.
The PSS Coordinator will report to CP Coordinator
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The PSS Coordinator will play a critical role in the implementation of CP PSS activities in various locations throughout the Duhok and Ninawa governorates. The PSS Coordinator will coordinate the PSS initiatives and work primarily with the PSS Facilitators and Community Volunteers that conduct PSS activities. The PSS Coordinator will contribute to the development of PSS interventions, associated materials, and providing training and supervision to staff in the implementation of PSS activities. This position reports directly to the CP Coordinator and works closely with the CP Officer.
- Oversee the technical aspects of the implementation of the child protection programs providing PSS activities, providing support to national organizations to develop work plans, capacity building plans, as well as Monitoring and Evaluation plans to guide implementation of approved grants. Assist with building and maintaining relationships with schools, partners, PTAs, caregivers and local authorities
- Identify PSS capacity building needs of child protection project staff through self-evaluation questionnaires and monitoring visits.
- Conduct capacity building trainings in PSS programming focused on the concept of child resilience and psychosocial programming, based on IRC’s PSS intervention models and UNICEF PSS models where necessary.
- Facilitate workshops for CP field staff for peer-to-peer learning through exchange of experiences, learnings and best practices.
- Ensure a coherent approach to quality PSS programming.
- Review Facilitators’ practices and interview techniques for staff of CP partners to ensure core principles, including no harm, are respected at all times.
- Support CP staff with user friendly guidelines, including a set of practical ready to use tools and checklists for developing and implementing PSS programming in different settings and phases of an emergency.
- Identify and promote participatory approaches to strengthen community resilience and preparedness and train CP staff through practical simulation exercises.
- Develop and improve monitoring and evaluation systems for child protection staff, ensuring that the program teams in the field actively monitor established indicators and evolving concerns in the target communities.
- Document and address quality gaps in collaboration with the SOSD Child Protection Coordinator
- Report work as required.
- Ensure Delivery of Quality PSS Activities
- Supervise and manage the PSS Facilitators and ensure that they are provided with capacity building training.
- Contribute to the development of PSS intervention curriculum, community engagement plans, and associated materials.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of beneficiaries at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Develop plans for outreach to community members and identification of families and individuals in need of psychosocial support services that fit within SOSD’s target population.
- Collect and share monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data associated with PSS activities as required.
- Review, compile and report on M&E data collected including double checking PSS data and ensuring registration and attendances are accurate as reported.
- Track PSS targets and objectives that are to be met under the various programs.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
How To Apply
The CP PSS Coordinator is to abide by the Child Rights, Child Safeguarding and PSEA policies and personal code of conduct by the (SOSD) and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
Working days:, Sunday to Thursday
Deadline to apply: 1/11/2021
Send you CV by email: [email protected] – and Please mention “CP PSS Coordinator” in the subject of your email and cover letter.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted (Within 1 week).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.