Timeline: November 2021 – March 2021
Location: Federal Capital Territory – Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work: Data analysis with infographics
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of an agribusiness activity. This Activity aims to strengthen the enabling environment for agribusiness finance and investment by broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; promoting and facilitating investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations; and sustainably enhancing the performance of agribusiness micro, small and medium sized enterprises.
The primary purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance is meeting the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
The estimated start date will be November 1, 2021. The evaluation is expected to last until March 2022, and the estimated level of effort (LOE) will be 15 days, maximum.
Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis; early submission is recommended.
SI is seeking a Data Analyst to provide support and short term technical assistance for the Feed the Future Agribusiness Investment Activity Mid Term Performance Evaluation for the Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity.
The Data Analyst will be engaged for a maximum of 15 days based on the final number of evaluation respondents and the extent of data collected. The duties will include:
- Review the protocol and survey instruments to better understand the key aspects of the evaluation and the data collected;
- Review and understand the sample size and sampling strategy for various respondent groups;
- Prepare a data analysis plan in collaboration with the evaluation team and SI for review and feedback;
- Based on the feedback, adjust the analysis plan;
- Carry out data cleaning whenever necessary;
- Under the guidance of the supervisor and the evaluation Team Leader, support both qualitative and quantitative data analysis across the evaluation questions
- Arrange for and participate in virtual group meeting in collaboration with Social Impact/MEL Support Activity.
- Produce highly visual infographic deliverables outlining key evaluation findings
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ hands-on experience in data collection in Agricultural sector and related work is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English language. Must also understand at least one of either Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba local languages.
- Proficiency in qualitative coding and STATA is a must. Ability to do basic infographics and use other qualitative and qualitative analysis tools is an advantage.
- Ability to produce high quality work under tight timeframes;
- Ability to work as a team player; and
- He / She should have participated in similar assignments involving data collection and surveys of international donor funded projects particularly in Nigeria.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.