Save the Children
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Intern will assist HR Department on operational Data Archiving. S/he is responsibilities of making legible digital copies of hard documents by scanning them and saving them as image or PDF files. As a data archiving Intern, duties may involve handling sensitive files and store hard copies according to confidentiality standards.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop a plan to assemble, organize, review, select, store, and catalog documents using archival procedures.
- Compile, sort, update and scan all data/files clearly labeling files with descriptive data such as date, event, etc.
- Ensure the scan documents are completely visible, free from scan relics, blemishes, or imperfections.
- Store and handle hard copies according to confidentiality standards.
- Assisting staff with tracking, formatting and archiving materials.
- Write descriptions of the preserved records.
- As this is a “special needs” role, general responsibilities will be determined by the project needs.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Qualified candidates will be/have:
- Candidate hold a Bachelor’s degree or familiar with scanning equipment and document conversion.
- Experience with scanning equipment – most scanning equipment is similar in operation, and successful candidate must have at least some experience with corporate scanners and other relevant equipment.
- Efficiency –To complete the document scanning as fast and as effective as possible.
- Attention to detail –pay close attention to details in order to perform scanning duties as accurately as possible. Since the paper records will eventually be destroyed, scanning intern need to be able to catch mistakes and correct them quickly.
- Excellent computer skills.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] latest by December 12, 2021.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.