Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 5 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
Our mission in Nigeria has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the Deputy Head of Mission for Support Nigeria ?
As Deputy Head of Mission for Support, you will ensure the daily functioning of the mission, you will be responsible for the successful operation of programs of PUI by overseeing and ensuring quality and efficient support services.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Administrative / Legal Follow up: You will be responsible for ensuring compliance of PUI with the country laws and regulations and will be the focal point for all interactions with authorities.
- Support departments oversight: You will provide oversight of all PUI support functions (Logistics, Administration, Finance, Human Resources) and ensure smooth, coordinated operations, finding synergies and improvements where possible. You will ensure that your team guarantees quality HR management on the mission and that good communication is applied.
- Logistic monitoring: You will ensure that current logistics procedures follow PUI standards and formats, and are in accordance with donor rules and regulations, overseeing and implementing an effective and efficient supply chain.
- Administrative and financial monitoring: You will ensure that current administrative and financial procedures follow PUI standards and formats, and are in accordance with donor rules and regulations.
- Human Resources: You will supervise the HR Coordinator. You will ensure that Human Resources department provides fitted human resources on a timely manner, and conduct HR follow-up in accordance with the local regulations and PUI guidelines.
- Security: You will assist the Head of Mission in analysis and management of mission security.
- Relationship with headquarters: You will assist the Head of Mission in effectively circulating information between headquarters and the field, and ensure compliance with deadlines.
- Representation: You will assist the Head of Mission in representing the organization to partners, donors and various authorities.
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master‘s degree in Logistic, International Relations, Finance, Human Resources or related field.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in a core support function (Logistics; Finance; Administration; HR) with an international NGO and by a successful experience in expatriate team management and multisectorial programs. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master team management, you demonstrate strong knowledge in donor requirements and expectations, particularly ECHO, BHA, WFP, UNHCR, CDCS, AFD and BPRM, you also have excellent writing skills (especially for proposals and reporting).
- Qualities : You have strong leadership skills and ability to make decisions, a sense of analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis. You are a good negotiator and communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate organization skills, rigor, flexibility, capacity to remain calm and level-headed.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employee with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2,420.00 – 2,750.00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.