St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (St. Jude)
Scientist at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital know what they can achieve brightest scientific ideas. That’s why we provide world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technologies, extraordinary support and a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where everyone can see, firsthand, how the science translates into survival for the children we serve. Quite simply, at St. Jude, we encourage you to dream big, and we give scientists and researchers everything needed to be the force behind our cures.
The Director of Microscopy Operations will be involved in the following activities:
- Responsible for working with all principal investigators in designing, directing and executing scientific research strategies and projects.
- Displays theoretical and practical knowledge of instruments and technology used in the department.
- Responsible for development of new techniques and approaches in biophysics using cutting edge imaging and other technology, including applications for super-resolution imaging and 3-dimensional reconstruction and single
- Keeps abreast of developing and emerging technology and makes recommendations for future purchase.
- Trains others in the department regarding use of equipment, technologies, preparation of specimens and other
- Develops and evaluates the operating procedures for the imaging facility.
- Provides guidance for faculty and staff in developing protocols using imaging techniques.
- Aligns work and objectives to ensure the successful management of assigned technology.
- Assumes personal responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department and the institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific are is required.
- PhD. is highly prefered.
- Relevant and productive experience in biophysics or imaging technology is ideal.
- Ten (10) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required
- Eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master’s degree
- Six (6) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD.
- Management experience is required.
As of September 10, 2021, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.
EEO Statement: St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.
Apply via Recruiter
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.