Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Cross River
- The Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) Driver is responsible to facilitate the movement of staff and relevant BA Nigeria stakeholders by vehicles from their originating destination to their final destination or vice versa and support the administrative team with basic logistics concerns.
Position’s Roles & Interactions
- This position will interact heavily with BA-N staff (especially the administrative team) and relevant internal and external stakeholders within and outside the state. The position will have lead responsibility for all transportation activities for Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria within the state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of staff, consultants, and other stakeholders in the office.
- Ability to embark on field missions to states within the area of responsibilities;
- Ensures cost saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily; vehicle logs, provision of inputs in the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report;
- Maintain a vehicle log to record daily trips using project vehicles
- Provides necessary services like dispatch and collection of mails as may be directed.
- Ensures availability of all required documents and components/gadgets of the assigned vehicle without loss of any;
- Maintains tracks of vehicle insurance and other relevant vehicle papers for renewal as at when due;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident / incident;
- Maintains the standard procedure and practice in fueling and servicing.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies
- Minimum of a Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Diploma Preferred;
- 5 – 8 years professional driving experience (3 – 5 years with a USAID funded Project/ International organization);
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance issues and procedures;
- Candidates must possess skills in defensive driving, security & emergency driving, and executive driving skills;
- Experience working in one’s preferred state (surrounding states) is a MUST for this position;
- Valid Nigeria’s driver’s license and good knowledge of the high way codes of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with, local communities, partner staff, and policymakers;
- A good communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills in both English and local language of the immediate environment (i.e. the local language spoken in the state);
- Experience with International NGOs;
- Thorough knowledge of the state, locations of NGOs, meeting venues, etc.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: [email protected] using ” Driver – Cross River” as the subject of the mail.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.