Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver / Project Management Office Support, Transitional Police Unit
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization: 174 PRT
- PRO-telligent (PRT), a Tetra Tech Company, is implementing the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Transitional Police Unit (TPU) training program in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The five-year police training program will work closely with the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to continue to build the capacity and professionalism of Nigeria’s police.
- Through TPU, INL will provide training, mentorship, and equipment, to the NPF as it continues to strengthen civilian security, rule of law and public order in accordance with international standards.
- The Driver/Project Management (PMO) Support will serve as part of the operations team on the TPU project in Nigeria and will carry out duties designed to meet the objectives of the project.
- The Driver / PMO Support will perform under the direction of the Logistics Manager at the Project Management Office (PMO) in Abuja.
- Driver / PMO Support will be assigned for program vehicles and serve as support roles to the Training, Logistics, and Administrative divisions in the PMO.
- The Driver / PMO Support will conduct daily trips and maintain operations of the project vehicles to assure safe transportation of project staff to and from various destinations throughout Abuja area or to other provinces around Nigeria as required.
- The Driver / PMO Support reports to the Logistics Manager.
- Follow company driver rules of conduct and vehicle use policy while providing driver services to project staff, consultants, and others, as requested by the Logistics Manager.
- Record field travel and adhere to all transportation, security protocols, and movement protocols.
- Immediately report road traffic accidents, medical emergencies, and other safety and security incidents.
- Provide messenger and delivery/pickup services.
- Maintain work area and serves as contact for suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Supports the Office Manager and logistics team with routine tasks and during surge inventory receipt and issuances occurs.
- Liaise with government and non-government entities on issues related to procurement, customs clearance, business permits, project vehicles licensing, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading shipments.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Inform management of discrepancies with equipment, materials, and other supplies.
- Travel to training facilities outside of Abuja to support logistics team in the provisions of transportation and other tasks.
- Carry out secondary support duties as requested.
- Must have a High School Degree.
- Must have at least two years of experience as a driver with an international organization.
- Employee must possess a valid Nigerian driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automobiles.
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to travel outside of Abuja for periods of one week or longer.
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.