Finance and Administration Officer
ECOS – Environmental Coalition on Standards
Application deadline: 14 November 2021
We are looking for a highly motivated Finance and Administration Officer to join our Operations team. The successful candidate will ensure proper and robust financial records keeping and will help ensure that we work in a safe and pleasant office environment.
ECOS is an international NGO with a network of members and experts advocating for environmentally friendly technical standards, policies and laws. We ensure the environmental voice is heard when they are developed and drive change by providing expertise to policymakers and industry players, leading to the implementation of strong environmental principles. ECOS is headquartered in Brussels and has an exceptional team of 24 staff supported by a network of over 50 technical experts and more than 50- member organisations.
Description of role:
This role is key to providing a reliable and pro-active finance and administration function and plays an important role in ECOS continued success and impact.
As part of the ECOS Operations team, you will work in close collaboration with the Finance & Grants Manager and HR & Administration Manager. You will be able to confidently apply your bookkeeping experience and make proper use of finance systems, as well as general office procedures. The role would suit a delivery-focused self-starter, who is comfortable taking ownership over processes.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Support with the compliance of finance policies and procedures;
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transaction are recorded;
- Review and process expenses and payroll records;
- Perform bank reconciliations;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly closings, with the preparation of the audit, and reporting;
- Assist with budgetary meetings with Programme Managers;
- Ensure completeness of supporting documentations for payment;
- Provide assistance with audits;
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices;
- Ensure procurements comply with competitive 3 quotes bidding.
- Preparing, formatting and managing reports, and documents;
- Support ECOS standards team in drafting experts’ contracts and keep record of its expiry date;
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of all office equipment;
- Manage office email address and calendar (social events); manage outgoing and incoming post;
- Help with the organisation of meetings, mainly being the responsible person for board meetings organisation (accommodation; logistics; reimbursements etc.);
- Preparing travelling and meeting documentation and assisting with expenses’ claims from experts, staff and events’ participants;
- Updating and managing contact databases of experts, mailing lists, and physical and virtual filing systems (office filing & shared drive), sorting and archiving documents;
- Ensuring the good functioning of the office and maintaining a healthy and enjoyable work environment including through:
- Implementing and maintaining office systems;
- Managing office equipment & supplies, including placing order as needed.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as needed to staff, including to those teleworking or based overseas.
It should be noted that the above list is not exhaustive and other tasks may be required as needed, providing they remain within the remit of the staff competences and skills.
Skills and experience required:
- University bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance, business administration, economics, or other related studies;
- Good understand of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices;
- High proficiency in use of software systems: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and accountancy systems, preferably Winbooks;
- Professional fluency in oral and written English (French or Dutch is desirable);
- Highly organised, process driven and with an eye for details;
- Comfortable using own initiative and taking ownership of processes;
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness;
- Able to handle confidential information.
What we offer:
- An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package €2.700 – €3.799 according to the ECOS salary scale and depending on skills and relevant experience of the candidate;
- A benefits package (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, excellent insurances, public transport, eco-cheques etc.);
- A flexible, dynamic, and very pleasant international working environment;
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to addressing our environmental challenges.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than Sunday 14 November 2021 to: [email protected], with the subject line “FINANCE AND ADMIN: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECOS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At ECOS we believe diversity is what makes our work richer and our team stronger. Your race, nationality, colour, gender, age, religion, disability, status, or sexual orientation are NOT important to us, we value your knowledge and commitment. If you believe you can contribute to our common goal, we encourage you to apply.
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.