The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the leading providers of high-quality programming for refugees resettling to the United States. Switchboard is a one-stop resource hub for refugee service providers in the United States, supported by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and implemented by the IRC in partnership with Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS). More information about Switchboard can be found at www.SwitchboardTA.org.
Switchboard is seeking an Editorial Manager. This staff person will be responsible for ensuring that Switchboard’s written materials are clear, concise, correctly branded, and free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. This staff person may be located anywhere in the United States.
· Copy edit Switchboard’s information guides, toolkits, blog posts, slide decks, etc., with a focus on proofreading for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
· As needed, rewrite text to ensure all language is as concise and clear as possible
· Review and revise all footnotes/citations to ensure consistent APA style
· Review written materials against Switchboard’s branding guide to ensure consistent use of templates, fonts, colors, etc.
· Coordinate as needed with Switchboard’s external graphic design vendor; Switchboard’s Program Officer for Instructional Design; and other key team members to ensure brand guidelines and templates meet program needs for all types of materials
· As needed, Support Program Officer, Strategy and Operations, with project management tasks
Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Minimum two years of experience in journalism, professional writing, copy editing, communications, etc.
· Exceptional written communication skills, with emphasis on clear, concise language and excellent spelling and grammar
· Knowledge of APA style and ability to correctly format citations
· Strong attention to detail
· Preferred: Familiarity with refugee resettlement and Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)-funded programs
Working Environment: Standard office and/or remote working environment. This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement**: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:** IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who have lived experience as refugees, survivors of trafficking, or other populations the IRC serves.
Equal Opportunity Employer:** We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.