UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Education
The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF’s work in Zambia, please visit UNICEF Zambia
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist (Quality), the Education Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting. The Education Officer plays a key role in supporting the government counterparts’ institutional capacity building in the areas of educational planning, data analysis, educational research and coordination towards providing efficient, evidence-based and quality-focused basic education programme to all Zambian learners.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To read the detailed description, open the attached document: 87873 GJP Education Officer (Quality) Level 2.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology, economics or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Experience and skills in conducting educational research or social science related data analysis as an asset.
- Good handling of data using excel will be required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Superb English writing skills and report writing is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Learning and researching (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
View our competency framework at:
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.