Acción contra el Hambre
Reinforce the Action Against Hunger’s Emergency response capacity by enhancing its context monitoring and analysis, as well as improving the working relations and networking with local authorities and relevant stakeholders in the Bekaa and South. The Emergency Program Manager, under the supervision of the Emergency Coordinator and is coordination with the WaSH Program Managers is responsible for identification of existing needs, coordination with relevant partners and support the technical planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of ACF responses to emergency shocks through WASH, Shelter and Basic Assistance, including Cash-based interventions. The EPM is responsible for supporting the Emergency Coordinator in the development of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan of AAH in Lebanon and to update it regularly. Besides, the EPM is in charge of developing and operationalizing improved tools and SoP for emergency programming, including preparedness and mitigation components and support the development of the quarterly SitReps.
The EPM collaborates and coordinates with other departments and bases for improving the quality of AAH emergency response, including multi-sectorial assessments, and working on new funding opportunities to reinforce preparedness/prevention/contingency planned and to be able to respond to rapid onset needs.
Objective 1: to closely monitor and analyse context development in Lebanon (25%)
- Monitor and analyze the humanitarian context in Lebanon through participation to Inter-Agency and Sectoral coordination meetings in coordination with the Emergency Coordination, field observation, discussion with local and international stakeholders.
- Circulate this info in a systematic and timely manner to the Emergency Coordinator.
- Assist in internally disseminating information/minutes of important meetings and support in knowledge management tasks (filing in No Hunger Forum, records keeping of meetings and conclusions…)
Objective 2: To support the development and operationalize the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan for the mission (30%)
- In coordination with other departments and under the supervision of the Emergency Coordinator lead the work on scenario and contingency planning for emergency responses in Bekaa, South and national level.
- Train South and Bekaa Bases staff on the EPRP and ensure the document is updated regularly with latest changes in the context.
- Work with support departments to identify needed financial, logistic, and human resources across multiple grants and set up agreements with suppliers/service providers to ensure timely delivery of emergency assistance as needed.
- Work closely with the MEAL department to ensure data collection and monitoring tools are aligned with emergency programs MEAL frameworks, indicators and inclusive of needs of vulnerable groups
- Initiate and as necessary lead, needs assessments and tailored tools design for data collection to feed into project design and context analysis.
Objective 3: to represent AAH in the LPC Consortium and support LPC program management (35%)
- In line with LPC SoPs and Risk and Response matrix, and in coordination with WaSH PMs,, ensure timely identification of needs and provision of a multi-sectorial response to emergency shocks
- Reinforce ACF role as emergency responder as additional safety net in coordination with sectoral WG and other humanitarian agencies
- Coordinate with the logistic department to develop appropriate procurement plan and stock follow up to ensure constant capacity to respond to new emerging needs
- Take forward concrete actions toward enhancing coordination with LPC partner and with other NGOs,
- Generate a positive image of ACF and its personnel within LPC consortium and humanitarian forum
- Promote protection and gender mainstreaming in all activities
Objective 4: Emergency Response and Programming
- In coordination with the Emergency Co, WaSH PMs and MEAL Team, design the macro Programme Cycle Management tools, including: monitoring, Indicators MoVs, Activity Progress Reports, Budget follow Up, Project Procurement Plans, to ensure quality and timely implementation of the interventions;
- Lead and coordinate the design and delivery of ACF emergency interventions in response to diverse threats.
- Produce timely internal and external high-quality reports as required.
- Ensure an integrated multi-sectoral approach when implementing a response through coordination with WaSH PMs and Emergency Coordinator
- Overview the timely procurement of goods and services for the programme and accurate, regularly updated, budget follow-up and forecast, in close coordination with the WaSH PMs and Logistics and Admin department at national level
- Identify funding opportunities, lead proposal development of emergency preparedness and response actions, in coordination with WaSH PMs and Grants Manager
Objective 5: Monitoring and Reporting (10%)
- Prepare regular verbal and written reports on the progress of implementation, in coordination with the WaSH PMs to Emergency Coordinator on the agreed frequency
- Inform and report the anomalies and the challenges carried out during the implementation phase of the emergency programs.
- Report all identified needs and response provided on the LPC Platform through the compilation of the consortium needs assessment and reporting tools
- Contribute to Projects and beneficiaries’ data collection and reporting.
Objective 6: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 7: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
Bachelor Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field
Technical specific knowledge:
- Dynamic, good team player, result oriented and professional humanitarian aid worker with experience of WASH/Shelter/FSL interventions including Cash assistance. We are looking for a problem solver, with a flexible mind-set, the ability to deal with practical solutions and to think strategically.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent in interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Significant experience in working in collaboration with local partners, government bodies, and INGOs;
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position and at least 1 years’ experience in implementing FSL, Shelter and/or WASH projects in humanitarian context in the NGO/INGO sector.
- Previous advocacy experience would be an asset
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
- Knowledge of INGOs and donor agencies procedure, guidelines and intervention in the country
- Action Against the Hunger knowledge:
- Previous knowledge of Action Against Hunger policies, strategy and previous interventions in the country or middle-East region is an asset
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position.
- Arabic: Compulsory. Good translation skills
IT and specific systems:
Windows domain. Compulsory expertise in Excel.
Mobility (national/ international)
National with possibility of travel abroad for training/support to other missions
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA)
How to apply
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.