The Program Manager is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals. (S)he is responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program, and guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) implemented, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
Specific stakes and challenges:
- Recruitment and induction of a program team
- Deliver emergency distributions in a complex environment
- Deliver basic WASH services in hard : water trucking, water points repairs, emergency latrines constructions…
- Manage distributions and train a team on methodologies (cash, in kinds or vouchers)
- Ensure rapid implementation of emergency solution after prioritization of needs
- Establish a monitoring and CRM system
- Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Assess in collaboration and coordination with other stakeholders needs and priority and launch activities timely, particularly proactive deployment in newly accessible areas out of the district of Mueda
- With support of the Field coordinator and Desk program manager, ensure recruitment of the program team, training and capacity building
- Guarantee quality and monitoring of all activities and program implementation according humanitarian and SI standards
- Set up and follow up project management tools
- Education: Project management educative background. WASH educational background is required as there may be emergency WASH activities to perform.
- At least one year of experience as program manager in humanitarian environments or similar position
- Experience in managing distributions (whatever the modality) is a requirement
- Experience in WASH project management is an asset
- Substantial experience in a management position in an overseas NGO environment
- Skills in water network and hydraulic
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge about project cycle management and monitoring tools
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately
- Good problem solving skills in crisis situations
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel
- Extensive report writing skills in English
- Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.