English Language Assessor Instructor – Baghdad (Subject to Contract Award)
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Aviation English Instructor is responsible for design, development, and delivery of Aviation English testing and training by accurately identifying and efficiently addressing the needs of ICAA in order to reach their compliance with ICAO language proficiency requirements, he would also be responsible for the planning and execution of the training program to meet ICAA requirements along with assisting in the development of the Iraq Civil Aviation Academy at Baghdad International Airport on behalf of the ICAA.
- Preparation and provision of Aviation English ESP language training to meet ICAO Doc 9835 standards.
- Design of ESP courses that address learner needs for compliance with ICAO requirements for Level 4 standards in aviation work-related English for pronunciation, structure, vocabulary, interaction, comprehension and speaking fluency.
- Delivery and scoring of ICAO English Language Proficiency testing to show English proficiency of applicants for ATC positions.
- Design and delivery of ESP training that efficiently develops Aviation English proficiencies among ATC trainees and operational ATCOs.
- Analysis of learner needs, and design and development of appropriate Aviation English course materials, exercises, activities and handouts that are seen to support learner growth.
- Preparation of classroom timetables and class schedules that make efficient use of teacher and learner time.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Demonstrable communication skills in a multi cultural environment
- Ability to prepare reports and when required present these to the Training Manager
- Strong ability to work in high-stakes training and to be fully focused on supporting learner success.
- Full familiarity with General English and Aviation English published texts and classroom materials.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines and schedules
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issues and detailed information.
- Must have completed a recognised Air Traffic Services Instructor course
- Comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures, ATS standards and industry best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICAO Rules and Regulations pertaining to the operations and delivery of ATS.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of current mainstream application software required for the management of a modern ATC unit, including word processing/desktop publishing, spreadsheet and graphic presentations.
- Development of training materials/manuals to meet the requirements of specific courses
Note: Air Traffic Controllers working in Baghdad are required to live in a purpose built camp and due to security restrictions are not permitted to leave the Baghdad International Airport secure zone. Individuals should therefore possess the temperament to live and work within a closed community.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.