Save the Children
JOB TITLE Enrolment Data Assistant
TEAM: Nigeria Country Office
POST TYPE: National
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To support the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) unit and programs in implementing accountability activities which would range from daily visit to project locations with volunteers to get complaints, escalate them to the appropriate unit for them to be solved,
- Input complaints into the Christian Aid Complaints database and produce periodic reports.
- The role holder is expected to have a basic knowledge of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) guideline, Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) principle and other relevant accountability guidelines.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop monthly work-plans from the work-plans of other units
- Ensure through a systematic way that during distributions, helpdesk/information table are established to the community members to answer beneficiary comments/questions.
- Support the entry of complaints into the Save the Children International’s Complaints and Feedback database
- Prepare Bi-weekly reports showing the various categories of complaints and the status of the complaints
- Lead in the handling of the Save the Children International toll-free line
- Support training sessions of relevant staff members to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanisms and information provision plans.
- The role holder will have contact with partners, volunteers and stakeholders at state level.
- Internal: The position is line managed by the MEAL Coordinator. Has a key role in ensuring good relations with other roles in programmes, finance and logistic and procurement
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Administrative & General Skills
- A university degree/HND with at least one year working experience with an I/NGO
- Ability to speak Kanuri and Hausa fluently.
- Willingness and ability to interact with community stakeholders and displaced persons in the various project locations
- Knowledge and use of mobile data collection technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft Packages.
- Good communication skills. (written and verbal)
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ai55YXUuMTczMDQuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.