The Cadmus Group, Inc.
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
In our international environment and development practice, Cadmus is proud to support the sustainable development of emerging and transition countries. Working in more than 100 countries to date, we assess and support the management of environmental, social, and climate risks and vulnerabilities in international development projects and programs; and deliver related training and capacity development.
Our work is deeply technical, but field-focused and pragmatic, reflecting the field experience of our in-house technical team and the critical contributions of the high-performing, in-region developing area professionals who are our trusted long-term colleagues.
This Entry-Level Professional in Environment and International Development will support the work of the team technically and administratively by:
- Undertaking research, analysis, translation, copy, edit, document production, and writing to support the completion of technical products and deliverables in the areas of environment, health and safety compliance and management, environmental and social impact assessments, climate risk and vulnerability assessments, and/or related training workshops and materials development.
- Providing logistics, planning and delivery support to training/workshop/conference delivery, remote and in-field stakeholder consultations and/or field survey.
- Supporting project and financial management controls and processes, including fulfillment of internal and client cost and activity tracking and reporting requirements, liaising with Cadmus Contracts and Accounting staff, and assisting project managers in managing administrative/financial engagement with subcontractors and independent consultants.
- As directed, supporting client and partner outreach and engagement in support of technical assignments and/or administrative actions.
- Supporting new business opportunity screening, capture and proposal development in line with the practice’s business development strategy.
- Within approximately the first year and post-COVID, undertaking travel to developing areas in support of the above-referenced technical work of the team (not more than 3 weeks/year).
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Environmental, Earth, or Climate Sciences; Natural Resources Management; Environmental or Development economics, Public Health, Environmental Engineering; International Relations with significant quantitative coursework; Agriculture; or Social Sciences with a clear focus in international development, or a related discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to quickly and accurately synthesize complex issues or scenarios for internal and client audiences.
- Field-based international development experience gained through an academic, professional, or volunteer capacity.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of programs, particularly Excel and Word.
- Experience in team-based approaches to delivery of complex work products and/or assignments.
- Desire to work in a collegial and collaborative, but fast-paced and dynamic, environment.
- Travel may be required.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrated experience completing project management tasks.
- Successful completion of an internship in a business/management consulting, environmental management, or government services setting.
- Professional facility in Arabic, Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
- Experience conducting Geographic Information System (GIS) analysis and mapping, particularly using ArcGIS;
- Familiarity with Google suite of programs, particularly Docs, Sheets, Sites, and Calendar.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.