Equality Policy Advisor
Equality Policy Advisor
Short Term Contract for One Year
ITUC – International Trade Union Confederation
The International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) represents the world’s working people through 332 member organisations in 163 countries. We are the largest democratically elected movement in the world.
The Policy Advisor reports to the Director of the ITUC Equality Department.
The Policy Advisor at the ITUC Equality Department is responsible for advising on policy formulation, developing research, and drafting policy positions, as well as engaging affiliates on relevant policy areas. Under the supervision of the Director, the Policy Advisor might carry out representational tasks of the organization in policy-setting fora. The Policy Advisor is responsible for drafting strategic internal and external communication and for implementing projects and delivering reports to relevant donors.
- Support the Director with the strategic coordination of the ITUC Women Committee;
- Coordinate the implementation of the ITUC Women in Leadership Program;
- Areas of engagement will include gender equality and social inclusion policy, women economic participation, workplace equality and non-discrimination (i.e., LGBTQ, disability, indigenous workers), skills and lifelong learning, digitalisation and digital labour platforms;
- Coordinate and strengthen the engagement of the ITUC affiliates on these areas;
- Research and prepare policy statements, policy papers, information briefs for internal use with affiliates, as well as, for external advocacy;
- Engage in policy debates and undertake advocacy with international institutions and in experts’ meetings and fora;
- Provide analytical support for engagement between trade union affiliates and social policy setting bodies at international, regional and national levels;
- Develop and maintain relations with officials in international bodies, experts in relevant institutes and non-governmental and civil society organisations and networks;
- Develop and deliver strategic public and media communications on relevant policies and activities and development questions of concern to trade unions;
- Implement donor’s projects and programmes and deliver reports on achievements.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of the role and function of the trade union movement, particularly at the international level;
- University-level education in labour studies, equality or similar fields, or a combination of relevant experience and training;
- Strong research, presentation, advocacy and negotiation skills;
- Fluency and excellent writing and verbal skills in English is essential. Knowledge of other languages is a strong asset;
- Ability to present highly technical subjects, in writing and verbally, to high-level officials, political and opinion leaders;
- Flexibility and ability to work in a small team and under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail;
- Availability to undertake international travel as required;
- To fulfill other responsibilities and tasks related to the position as necessary for the organisation, as mandated by the General Secretary.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
We offer a one-year contract subject to renewal (with initial maternity leave replacement).
The ITUC is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage appropriately qualified candidates, especially women, candidates from developing countries and minorities to apply.
Closing date: 22 June 2022, 05:00 PM Brussels time
Applications: Applications should be sent in English, together with CV, to [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.