European Aluminium Association
The EU Public Affairs Manager is an integral part of European Aluminium and reports directly to the Director Public Affairs and Communications. He/She will develop and execute the Association’s advocacy activities to support our strategic priorities and the implementation of the industry’s vision, in particular in the fields of energy, climate change, sustainability and circular economy. The Public Affairs Manager will closely monitor policy developments at EU level, and focus on building and maintaining relationships with decision-makers and industry peers. This is a full-time permanent position based in Brussels.
- Develop, manage and deliver an effective, integrated public affairs plan primarily in the fields of energy, climate, sustainability and circular economy.
- Monitor policy trends and political developments relevant to the European aluminium industry, including upcoming legislation, EU Presidencies, …, and support the Director Public Affairs and -Communications in identifying risks and opportunities related to these developments.
- Ensure timely information and reporting to colleagues and relevant working groups/committees and support the Director Public Affairs and Communications in advising on action to drive the European Aluminium policy strategy.
- Translate our industry’s objectives into strong policy messages and work with the Communications team on impactful outreach campaigns; prepare position papers, presentations and related content, e.g. for social media or meetings.
- Support expert colleagues in ongoing legislative work to ensure consistency in our advocacy priorities and coordinate horizontal policy work within the Association.
- Foster and expand relationships with the EU institutions, industry peers (other business associations, …) and other influential voices in decision-making (NGOs, thinktanks, …); to amplify our strategic priorities, facilitate and contribute to relevant industry discussions and positions in trade associations/alliances in which European Aluminium is involved.
- 5-7 years of experience in EU public or governmental affairs, ideally in the field of sustainability and circular economy.
- Masters’ degree in European Affairs, European Law, Political Science or related field required.
- Demonstrated track record of working with high-level policy stakeholders and industry peers.
- Strong messaging skills; capable of translating highly technical information into appropriate policy messages.
- Confident in speaking publicly and capable of holding the attention of a large audience.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work in a team and willingness to help and learn.
- Ability to work autonomously, ability to prioritise workload effectively.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.