Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
For our operations in Kampala/Uganda, we are looking for an
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) on conflict sensitive land governance
Assignment period: 09/01/2022 – 10/31/2024
Field of activity
Land ownership and land use are increasingly subject of dispute in Uganda. The GIZ Civil Peace Service (CPS) supports civil society organisations and networks in the Acholi, Karamoja and Teso sub-regions of Northern Uganda which are working on various dimensions of land conflicts as well as the Civil Society Organisation LANDnet Uganda working at national level in Kampala. The programme promotes the participatory transformation of land conflicts using a multi-stakeholder approach bringing women’s organisations, academic institutions, faith-based organisations, representatives of local governments and traditional leaders together. The aim of this network approach is to enable the respective stakeholders to coordinate their interventions to prevent violence and transform land conflicts. In 2020, the GIZ CPS has entered a partnership with the Kampala based organisation LANDnet Uganda. LANDnet Uganda is engaged in capacity development, research and advocacy aiming at improving land governance initiatives in Uganda.
- Support mainstreaming of conflict sensitivity throughout all processes and projects of LANDnet Uganda
- Facilitate capacity building for all LANDnet staff on conflict sensitive approaches as well as for target groups and partners of LANDnet and GIZ CPS
- Advise LANDnet staff on creative and participatory adult training methods and develop training tools and methods in relation to conflict sensitive land governance
- Support the development and implementation of a project on conflict sensitive land governance in Uganda, including strategy development, as well as the of trainings and education material
- Support strategic planning and general organisational development of LANDnet
- Support fundraising efforts to ensure the sustainability of the conflict sensitivity land governance project
- Support networking and knowledge exchange with other GIZ CPS partners in Uganda
- University degree in the field of peace and conflict research, organisational development, sociology, law or comparable qualification
- Expertise in advising partner organisations in different countries and flexibility to adjust to a new working environment
- Working experience in participatory and needs-oriented planning and implementation of projects for peacebuilding and conflict transformation
- Profound knowledge of conflict sensitivity methods and tools
- Practical experience in the organisation and moderation of workshops and experience in participatory and creative adult training methods
- Experience in fundraising and proposal development
- Knowledge and experience in the field of land rights and conflicts in Africa is a strong advantage
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 07/10/2022.
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-ID V000050458.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.