WHO: World Health Organization
Field Project Coordinator works under the overall supervision of the WHO Representative in Myanmar, the technical guidance of the Medical Officer (HIV & Hepatitis) in collaboration with the National AIDS Programme and Drug Dependency Treatment and Research Unit of Ministry of Health.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist NAP at state/region level for implementation of the GFATM-HIV activities with coordination between central, state/regional and township level, as well as collaborating with other UN agencies, INGOs and NGOs at implementation level
- Conduct field visits to township or hospitals to monitor the progress, update the information as well as data collection system, and provide technical assistance for trouble shooting in timely and proper implementation of global fund work plan. Keep record the progress and challenges of each township and report to respective NAP Regional/Officer and Team leader. Travel reports to be sent to National AIDS Programme and WHO country office
- Facilitate in collecting routine programme reports from townships at state/region level as well as specific ad hoc information requested from central. Verify and assure the quality of reports and then assist in submitting reports to central NAP. Assist NAP to analyse and apply the state/regional level HIV/AIDS information and regular communication to inform State/Regional Health Director through NAP
- Organize regional meeting with NAP inviting responsible persons from the townships as well as UN/INGOs/NGOs implementing in the state/region. At the meeting, share update guidance from central NAP, collect required information and arrange necessary coordination between partners. And based on the above regional meeting, assist state/regional NAP to compile data related to GFATM in order to contribute in Quarterly Reports for GFATM-HIV project at central level
- Attend quarterly GFATM-HIV work plan meeting and assist in drafting work plan according to the needs of implementation sites
- Support the field assistant in the logistics & forecasting on drug and supply assuring proper record keeping and reporting. Follow-up on commodity tracking and distribution status from central to sub depot and to the townships
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- To submit assignment report quarterly
WORK RELATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
The Field Project Coordinator provides technical support to National AIDS Programme and Drug Dependency Treatment and Research Unit. He/she needs to coordinate with focal from MoHS, UN agencies, development partners, and implementing partners. He/she works together with Field Assistant/Data Assistant of respective state/region and Central Project Coordinators/M&E team/Logistic team from central as a team. He/she works as a part of WHO HIV-AIDS team in achieving goals of National Strategic Plan of HIV in collaboration with different stakeholders working on HIV/AIDS.
IMPACT OF FUNCTIONS
The function plays a key role in strengthening the programme management of HIV/AIDS prevention and control programme. The support to MoHS will contribute in state and regional planning, providing HIV services and monitoring of programme implementation.
Essential:University degree in Medicine
Desirable:Post graduate degree on public health or training on HIV/AIDS programme Management
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of two years working experience in public health
- Has a broad knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques in public health
- Programme Management experience on HIV/AIDS
- Working experience with UN, International NGOs
Knowledge of spoken and written English and Myanmar Language
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.