Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative (YEDI) is a not-for-profit organization that delivers evidence-based programs, in schools and communities, designed to build young people’s assets, facilitate their access to health services, and promote their adherence to healthy behaviors. Since its inception in 2011, YEDI has benefitted over 220,000 young people in schools and community sites in Lagos, Abuja, Akwa-Ibom, and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to fill the role of a Finance and Admin Officer to maintain efficient administrative systems and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures.
- Prepare and process all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, journal entries and advances which are in accordance with YEDI finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure timely submission of monthly requests, reconciliations, and financial statement reports
- Maintain accurate bank records of cash withdrawals and deposits.
- Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures
- Provide administrative, logistical, and procurement support to the team, including payment to events participants, transportation and accommodation arrangements, and ongoing operations
- Follow up on issues raised by the Finance and Admin team to ensure compliance and resolution
- Other duties related to logistics and procurement, as assigned by the Program Director.
- Assist activities managers with compiling, managing, monitoring, and tracking budget (e.g., organizing invoices, checks, & other financials) and preparing financial / funding reports, when deemed necessary.
- Work with the program team to ensure budget compliance.
Administration and Activity Management:
- Ensure proper function of logistical operations including travel & events organization
- Ensure proper function of archive and documentation system
- Ensure maintenance of up-to-date register of assets
- Work with the program team to forecast procurement needs and support in identification and recruitment of vendors based on project rules and regulations.
- Lead interactions with external vendors.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years experience in similar role
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- High level oforganization skills, time management, capacity to maintain confidentialityand attention to detail
- Professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Experience in using SAGE accounting system is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English language
- Superb customer service skills – must be able to work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds and technical expertise
- Must be dynamic and take initiative
- Must be a team player.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.