Awareness Against Human Trafficking
Awareness Against Human Trafficking (HAART), is a non-governmental organization based in Nairobi and dedicated to fighting human trafficking in Eastern Africa. HAART works through a multi-disciplinary approach applying the UN Four P’s Strategy to combat trafficking in persons: Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Policy and Partnership. HAART is one of the key counter-trafficking organizations in Kenya addressing the issue of human trafficking by supporting the people most affected by it and also developing best practices in the movement.
We are currently looking for a qualified and experienced person (a resident in Kenya) to fill the position of Finance, Administration and HR Officer (FAHR) position. Reporting to the CEO and being a member of a Senior Management Team (SMT), the successful candidate will be responsible for financial and administrative functions within the organization. S(he) will provide leadership to a team of professional and support staff and ensure the highest level of performance.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Position: Full time
Starting time: Immediately
Working Hours: 40 hours in a week
Closing Date for Applications: 25th June 2022 EAT
Salary: 100,000 to 130,000 KES gross per month
The Finance, Administration and HR Officer will be reporting to the CEO
Financial Reporting and Budgeting
- Developing internal organizational budget, participation in donor budget development and review process, monitor all the budgets and expenditures in accordance to the organizational and donor guidelines.
- Ensure timely provision of monthly financial reports.
- Ensure all financial reporting is completed on time, at the required quality and as per donor requirements.
- Ensure that monthly financial reports and activity based budget versus expense project reports for the SMT are submitted and acted upon
- Ensure that monthly updated budgets of different projects for the SMT are prepared, analyzed and acted upon
- Reviewing and updating the financial and other related systems, procedures and policies
- Providing and interpreting financial information to inform organizational management decisions
- Ensure that all cash requests from HAART staff are checked and reconciled and appropriate action taken as per procedures
- Ensure that all payment orders are paid by HAART in a timely manner and according to procedures.
- Oversee office petty cash ,emergency fund management and float management
- Supervise the monthly cash count.
- Ensure that accurate banking records are maintained, bank payment orders performed and all financial matters with the bank dealt with promptly as per procedures.
- Ensure that general financial support as required for the office management and for the projects is provided.
- Ensure that matters regarding taxation, social and health insurance and other statutory requirements are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure safety and security of all employees in line with HAART policies
- Ensure that HAART develops and implements maintenance policy
- Ensure that a strong financial filling system and filing the financial documents in both hard and electronic form is maintained.
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement of equipment and supplies for the offices and projects, ensuring strict adherence to HAART procurement guidelines.
- Personnel Management of the organization: develop, implement and review all HR Management tools through the employee lifecycle (as defined in the HR Manual) from recruitment to offboarding, manage all related HR communications (HR e-mail account) in collaboration with Communications Officer
- Develop training schedules and ongoing opportunities for internal capacity building
- Manage HAART staff leave records and ensure that leave requests are submitted and filed.
- Ensure proper management of staff benefits, allowances and payroll
- Ensure all staff statutory deduction are submitted promptly
- Manage, together with SMT and the ED HAART disciplinary and grievances handling process
- Administer the performance system for HAART
- Ensure proper management of staff files
Being a Member of the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Review policies and practices of HAART and make appropriate decisions.
- Participate in SMT’s meetings, deliberations and decision making
- Perform other duties as requested by the SMT and the Executive Director
- Duties may be added, deleted or modified in consultation with the incumbent as necessary.
- Job descriptions and staff performances will be reviewed regularly.
Essential criteria & qualification:
- University degree in finance, accounting, commerce, administration or equivalent
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- At least 4 years experience in with similar responsibilities
- Experience in human resources role will be an added advantage
- Experience working with a non-governmental sector will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili (both oral and written).
- Strong computer skills and experience working with accounting software.
- Experience liaising with a range of stakeholders regarding financial and administrative issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, meticulous, responsible and well organized.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to financial accountability and transparency
All our staff are expected to strive for excellence, collaborate and communicate while ensuring full commitment to integrity.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
At HAART we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, contact information for 3 references and salary expectations to [email protected] using “Finance, Administration and HR Officer” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed and short-listed candidates contacted. Visit https://haartkenya.org/job-openings/ for an updated version of the application.
No Fee Charged
HAART does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.