Organization: IDLO - International Development Law Organization
IDLO IN MYANMAR
IDLO is an intergovernmental organization working on the rule of law and access to justice. IDLO has been implementing projects in Myanmar since 2014.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager and in close coordination with the Program Accountant at HQ, the Finance Associate will support the financial management and reporting and carry out related administrative services effectively. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Provide finance support to the Program team and ensure process integrity;
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, receipts and transfers.
- Maintaining internal controls over the receipts, disbursements and management of project resources, ensuring that all transactions are adequately authorized and properly supported.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager to maintain an overall accounting system for the Country Office in line with IDLO guidance and procedures, including but not limited to processing invoices and payments, maintaining bank accounts and financial records, timely reimbursement of travel expenses to IDLO employees/experts; and project advances are cleared in time;
- Have a proper filing system maintaining up to date documentation of expenditures, vouchers, and related financial records.
- Assist and provide information for internal and external audit.
- Assist preparation of monthly financial report.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager conducting cost estimates and budget proposals; carrying out regular spot checks assessing risks and quality of internal processes; monitoring and reviewing financial reports of the sub projects.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and experience
- Graduate degree in business, finance, or related field is required;
- Certified accounting qualifications such as LCCI level 3 or ACCA is highly preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of accounting and financial management preferably within international organizations or public organization with donor-funded programs;
- Working knowledge of accounting software, MS Navision will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience of financial management and reporting skills;
- Significant experience with financial system management.
- Fluency in Myanmar and English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
- Substantive knowledge of budgeting for development cooperation;
- Experience in working with an international/interdisciplinary team;
- Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes;
- Strong attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to respond to queries and provide feedback in a timely manner;
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a fixed term affiliate contract, with possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funding.
This vacancy is open only to Myanmar citizens.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via ImpactPool.org by continuing with the application button below.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: November 3rd, 2021 at 5 PM hrs. Yangon time.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.