For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM-France recently conducted a fact-finding mission in the neighbouring countries of Ukraine to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict.
MdM-F is starting operations in Poland, Moldova and Romania to support refugees for a better access to healthcare.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the context of mission opening for the Ukrainian emergency response, and under the supervision of the Poland general coordinator, you will have the responsibility to establish the financial and administrative framework of the MdM missions in Poland, Moldova and Romania and provide technical support to the administrative coordinators of theses three countries.
More specifically, your main responsibilities are:
- Participate in the elaboration of the initial budget, prepare donor budgets and provide technical support for monitoring overall budget consumption
- Support the administrative coordinators in developing and implementing the financial procedures and guidelines, in line with MdM policies and procedures mandated by the HQ, and in compliance with donors’ regulations and tax laws
- Ensure, with the administrative coordinators the bank accounts opening in the three countries
- Support the administrative coordinators on cash provision, safe management, money management protocols, accounting & donor allocation
- Participate in the recruitment of the Finance staff within the three intervention countries
- Provide training and capacity building to the finance team to ensure full understanding of the financial MdM tools and processes
- Liaise with INGO finance coordinators in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Implement a process to ensure sharing of financial documents and legal documents with HQ
- Check on the existence, monitoring and archiving of all documents and contracts
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 3 months
Position based in Poland (Cracow), with regular travels in Romania and Moldova
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Diploma in finance, administration or economy/business
Experience of 4 years minimum in a similar position
Experience in multi-donors’ budgets
Experience with MdM is an added value
Training and capacity-building experience
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision, autonomous
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability and capacity to take initiatives
Organisational skills, rigor and detail oriented
Ability to manage priorities
Listening and diplomacy skills
Good understanding of general logistics management
Ability to work in unstable and volatile context
Excellent knowledge of MS office pack (especially Excel)
Knowledge of Saga is an asset
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JuZeulLY?idpartenaire=128
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.