Partners in Health
Job Title: Finance Manager, Flagship and Special Projects
Reports to: Senior Director, Flagships and Special Projects
Location: Boston, MA or Remote US – up to 15% travel required
Employee Type: Full Time
Partners In Health (PIH) is seeking a Finance Manager to oversee a portfolio of large, complex capital projects. The Manager will work to ensure that our financial projections for these projects remain accurate and up-to-date, as well as providing timely information to leadership to inform decision-making. In alignment with OnePIH Flagship team priorities and goals, this position will have key responsibilities contributing to three objectives: 1) supporting progress of OnePIH high-priority Flagship projects, and 2) developing and supporting shared systems and standards across PIH Flagships, and 3) cultivating a strategic vision for future Flagship projects. This position’s responsibilities will apply to additional special projects as needed, in addition to Flagships.
- Ownership of multiple financial models: building new projections from scratch as well as assessing and improving on existing financial models.
- Play lead role in the financial oversight of these complex projects, including monitoring budget vs. actual spending, updating expense projections, and working with fundraising teams to align revenue projections with project activities.
- Work closely with project leads, ensuring that any changes are incorporated into financial projections.
- Provide regular updates to PIH leadership on the financial risks and financial considerations regarding these projects.
- Ensuring that financial models are incorporated into PIH budget systems so they can be captured in overall PIH profit and loss (P&L) projections.
- Liaising with partners and contractors to ensure alignment of budgets and financial projections.
- Work closely with the Program Support Manager, Flagships to ensure standard financial projecting and reporting practices and requirements across PIH Flagships.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in finance from an accredited college or university.
- 5-8 years progressively responsible finance experience, including project management.
- Experience building financial models that include both capital projects and operating costs. Experience building financial models for construction projects preferred.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities; proven experience learning new systems, processes, and problem solving.
- Advanced Microsoft (MS) Excel skills; preferably experience with Serenic (MS Dynamics NAV), MS Office 365 Suite, Power BI.
- Demonstrated ability to work across a range of cultures, personalities, and competencies with strong communication skills.
- Experience at a global non-profit & interest in social justice and the cause of global health equity preferred.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally, as needed, up to 15% required.
What is a Flagship?
A OnePIH Flagship exemplifies the highest evolution of the PIH mission and sits at the nexus of the OnePIH Strategic Plan.Flagships are long-term organizational efforts to advance the movement towards health equity both through serving local needs and modeling organizational impact. Flagships are ambitious in nature with a breadth of impact that requires organizational commitment to ensure success in long-term, large-scale fundraising and ongoing operations. OnePIH Flagships are bold and aspirational embodiments of our mission and allow us to transform, influence, and provide a replicable model for quality health care and equitable health delivery for a region, a continent, and the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Malawi, Lesotho, Russia, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Partners In Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
How to apply
To review the full job description and apply, click here.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.