Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development foundation with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE MANAGER
The Administrative and Finance Manager plays an essential role in Educo Philippines, leading the management of the Administrative and Finance activities of the Country Office and sub-offices in the field. Under the guidance of the Country Director, adapts the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other comprehensive accounting systems. The AFM aligns the ERP and systems with Educo accounting policies and procedures, donor regulations, local laws and generally acceptable regulatory standards to ensure risk management, efficiency, and accountability to donors and childrens. S/he promotes sound management system through efficient administration of resources and provision of timely and reliable financial information to guarantee an effective support system to program operations in accordance with the established norms, policies and applicable government mandates.
S/he will work in coordination with Head Office Internal Control and Finance Department, external auditors, government agencies, legal advisors and banks.
The Administrative and Finance Manager reports to the Country Director (CD) and is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
A. Planning and Budgetary Management
· Demonstrate consistency in the preparation and submission of forecasts / budgets / proposals, financial reports guaranteeing compliance with Educo, donor and government regulations and requirements;
· Plan / organize finance deliverables consistent with programme objectives, engaging Educo Philippines team external counterparts towards building reputation for quality design, budget accountable execution and reliable service delivery
· Identify and advise budget holders and implementing partners on operations financial and accounting related challenges and sustain consistent support in building the program team and partners capacity to understand operationalize financial related policies and procedures including grant financial management and compliance.
· Provides oversight functions and advise budget holders in the submission, consolidation and preparation of timely budget forecast, cash flows and budget modification as needed and submits the same to Head Office and to external funding donor;
· Leads the periodic view of financial execution of various units in the organization to ensure coherence with Head Office and externa funding donor approved budget guidelines, monitors and evaluates issues and concerns, new opportunities related to financial policies systems and procedures to support quality implementation of the program optimal service delivery; and recommends appropriate courses of actions to address the same.
B. Software Management and Audit Compliance
· Develop/design and ensure that Country Office accounting systems, policies and procedures are in line with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), the local laws (LO, Section 8 Company and FCRA), generally acceptable regulatory standards, and compliance to donor regulations ensuring accuracy and integrity of all financial transactions;
· Control the management and operations of accounting software, monthly close of the month processes and reports through the implementation of appropriate and efficient internal control mechanisms;
· Ensure project audits are done in accordance with financial guidelines and ensure zero tolerance to fraud and corruption;
· Manage and coordinate the timely conduct of internal and external audit;
· Coordinate with HO Technical finance for immediate resolutions of any problems encountered on the ERP system operations.
· Ensure implementation of the Auditors’ recommendations.
C. Proposal Development and Reporting
· Finalize and submit timely monthly fund request, financial reports, schedules and its supporting documents in compliance with the accounting standards.
· Provide technical assistance in the elaboration process of program and project budget;
· Validate, facilitate and submit necessary budgetary adjustments based on the increments and/or modifications requested by different division for approval;
· Ensure all required statutory registrations and reports are filed with respective authorities (BIR, SEC etc)
· Ensure renewal of yearly business permits and registration documents
· Safeguard the Educo’s legal documentation
· Ensure all existing programs / projects of Educo are accredited accredited in the different LGUs, Provinces, DSWD and ensure provision of necessary administrative support to Educo’s satellite office
E. Capacity Building and Team Management
· Supervise the staff and deliverables of the Unit
· Provide capacity building and coaching sessions to supervisee and encourage career development of staff
F. Compliance with Organizational Mandates
· Comply with organizational policies and standards such as but not limited to Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Fraud, Whistle Blower Policy, and P&C Policies and Procedures.
· Make sure all financial documents are in compliance with the requirements of EDUCO financial procedures, accounting principles and government tax laws.
G. Personal Development
· Attend internally and externally facilitated training events, workshops, symposiums, studies, conferences to enhance level of performance. Maximize the use of ICT for greater awareness of local and global trends affecting development work. Accepts special objective assignments for skills enhancement and expansion. Shares learning to benefit others.
· Participation in any Country Office Committee, as requested.
Perform other task that are assigned from time to time and as needed.
Ensure all required statutory registrations and reports are filed with respective authorities (BIR, SEC etc.);
Ensure renewal of yearly business permits
Safeguard the Educo’s legal documentation.
Ensure all existing programs/projects of Eudco are accredited in the different LGUs, Provinces and DSWD and ensure provision of necessary administrative support to Educo’s sateliite offices.
Capacity Building and Team Management
- Supervise the staff and deliverables of the Unit;
- Provide capacity building and coaching sessions to supervisees and encourage career development of staff.
Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Accounting and/or Financial Management and other related courses. Master’s degree is an advantage. CPA is desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Financial management tasks, accounting, and internal control experience with at least 5 years holding a supervisory position
- Experience working with INGOs, preferably with child-rights organizations
- Strong management, analytical and risk management skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Experience on capacity building of staff and team management
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet, accounting software
- Willing to work in Legazpi City, Albay
*We are offering:**
- A regular position, subject for probationary status for the first six (6) months. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to [email protected], subject line written as ‘**A*pplication for Admin & Finance Manager. Last Name, First Name.*** Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The vacancy will remain open until a qualified application is received and a candidate is available. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status to apply for the post.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.