Organization: We Effect
We Effect is a development organization founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organizations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together.
We Effect in Eastern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We Effect Tanzania Office was registered in 2017 as a non-governmental organization. The office serves to support the operations of the We Effect in Tanzania and is an extension of the We Effect Regional Office in Nairobi.
The Tanzania Office coordinates and supports partner organizations through technical backstopping, joint planning and monitoring of different We Effect interventions in the country. The partner organizations receive funds and report monthly to Country office in Tanzania.
The Finance Officer position is a key management position in within the country office Mangament and operations.The Main Areas of responsibility are.
1.Accounting and Financial Management – Perform all aspects of financial management and accounting processes at the Tanzania Country Office
2. Business Management- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual planning, budgeting and budget consolidation processes.
3. Cash Management and Banking-Monitoring and control of Bank account, Cash flow management, Periodic Bank Reconciliations, Process Payments.
4. Financial Statement and Records-Ensuring timely preparation of financial reports and final accounts that respond to specific User demands
5.Internal and External Audits – Take lead in country audit management including implementation audits (internal and external) recommendations and handle annual and Special Audits
6.Risk Management and Compliance – Maintain adequate systems for internal controls and risk management. Maintain mechanisms for compliance with statutory requirements
7.Maintenance of Properties, Facilities, Furniture and Equipment –Ensure that Office, facilities, furniture, and equipment are well maintained and kept in serviceable and good working condition.
8.General Administration –Ensure adherence to policy as outlined in the administration policies/procedures manuals, professional standards, and legal/statutory requirements. Should ensure licenses and permits, as required by local and central government, are obtained, and kept current status.
a. Level of Education/Academic Qualification
· Bachelor’s degree in commerce, finance, business related field.
· Master’s degree in business related area will be an added advantage.
· Other relevant certifications
b. Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
· Must be a holder of professional accounting qualification; CPA (T) or ACCA.
c. Other Competencies
· Ability to pay attention to detail and report accurately.
· Strong management and leadership skills and a team player.
· Proven skills in accounting and auditing.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Good appreciation of computerized accounting packages (accounting software)
· Strong interpersonal skills and self-driven individual who is diligent, honest, disciplined, and responsible
· Demonstrate good leadership skills with the ability to work under no supervision.
· Good communication skills.
· Understanding of programme cycle management and good knowledge of donor funding programs especially in community development projects and best practices
d. Job experience:
· Must have at least five (5) years post qualification experience
Apply at the latest 2021-10-27 by sending your CV and a cover letter indicating why you are best candidate for the position. (Only applications through the impactpool platform will be considered)
Please note that this is a national position and if not, a national you will need to have a Tanzanian work permit to be qualified for this position. Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The employment is a two-year fixed-term contract at the national level, with the possibility of prolongation. You are expected to be available from 2nd January 2022.
We Effect works actively with diversity and inclusion in the organisation. We welcome applicants regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnicity, religious belief, political opinion, national extraction, social origin, HIV/AIDS status, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, and/or trade union membership or activities.
For more information contact:
George Onyango, Regional Director, [email protected]
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.
If you want to alert, We Effect on suspected discrimination, corruption or other serious misconduct during the recruitment process, do not hesitate to use our Whistleblowing System.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.