Role & Responsibilities
The Finance Partner collaborates with country programmes and GSO to prepare, monitor and provide key financial information to stakeholders while advising, analysing, forecasting, support and train in funding management to inform decision makings, promoting best financial practices and to mitigate financial risks.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within the GSO and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff. The Medair GSO Finance Department, is primarily focussed on Medair financial and investment decisions, acts as a financial gatekeeper and strategic advisor in daily business operation and also mid to long-term strategic decisions of Medair, with streamlined and optimized key processes, via leveraging a fit-for-purpose system. Medair GSO Finance Department, is primarily focused on Medair financial and investment decisions, acts as a financial gatekeeper and strategic advisor in daily business operation and also mid to long-term strategic decisions of Medair, with streamlined and optimized key processes, via leveraging a fit-for-purpose system.
Workplace & Working Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Remote work possible with travel to GSO.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Grant and Private Funding (PF) management
- Prepare (PF) private funding, and donor budgets.
- Provide guidance, standardisation and content for budget narrative, budget proposal and budget monitoring. Clearly understand & communicate donor requirements.
- Monitoring and analysing overall budgets (including revisions), using financial data to create and update fund matrix, prepare GSO donor cash requests, update Grant Management Tool and monitor PF consumption.
- Prepare Donor reports. Posting reclass after report preparation.
- Provide inputs to Audit Support Team when requested and apply audit lessons learned.
Country funding strategy and management
- Conduct monthly (or quarterly) review meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Update country budget forecast. Monitor country PF need overview.
- Build strong relationship with & provide financial support to International Programmes decision making.
- Provide advice to HCP (Head of Country Program) and country team about funding situation and strategy.
- Consolidate annual budgets for country programs. Prepare country PF need overview.
Coordination and Improvements
- Provide guidance and strengthen knowledge on donor financial guidelines to key stakeholders.
- Train, coach and empower Finance Managers in the country programmes to improve best practices.
- Ensure communication flows between all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate to Country Team Meetings (overview of funding/spending status and future projection).
- Share regular Finance team meetings; Develop and implement reviews while responding to KPIs.
- Innovate and improve Finance processes to drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Support implementation of a new ERP system, automation and infrastructure
- Lead or participate in projects to improve Finance performance.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University and/or Bachelor degree in related subject.
- Certificate in business administration and or accounting/book keeping or other relevant qualification.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (speaking and writing). Working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
Experience / Competencies
- 5-year experience working in the finance department of an NGO.
- Strong skills and experience in data analysis, financial reporting and presentations.
- Deep knowledge of BHA/USAID donor guidelines and NICRA compliance.
- Experience of indirect cost recovery with various institutional donors.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting software. Experience in working with fund accounting software would be a plus. Problem solving ability and improvement driving skills.
- Competent with administrative tasks. Organized and structured.
- Good attention to detail. Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning staff members and customers data and organization’s critical financial information. Enjoys challenges and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering data.
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural team. Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels. Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines. Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Able to work independently and take initiatives within a consultative framework.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Key Profiles & Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
d) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page. Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.