UNOPS: United Nations Office for Project Services
The Finance Specialist will manage and lead the team of five Finance Analyst and Associates of the Middle Office, for the delivery of results in the four following areas:
- In collaboration with the Front Office, Support the establishment, management and maintenance of arrangements with commercial banks and multilateral institutions to effect cost-effective and secure payments;
- Ensure adequate control and oversight are in place for all banking operations (e.g., payments, reconciliations, deposits, etc.)
- Oversee the monthly reconciliations of UNOPS bank accounts to ensure compliance with UNOPS rules and procedures;
- Effect payment instructions by signing and approving transfer orders, bank instructions and cheques for investments, treasury activities, replenishments and payments in general;
- Coordinate the onboarding of new bank accounts (SWIFT connectivity), scenario testing, penny testing, and go-live in collaboration with ICT.
- Update and maintain the Payment Matrix to route and dispatch all UNOPS payments successfully and cost-effectively;
- Support the establishment, management and maintenance of arrangements with commercial banks and multilateral institutions to effect cost-effective and secure payments;
- Oversee the review and clearance of requests for the establishment of operational management instruments (e.g., credit and prepaid cards, prepayments, mobile payments and cash delivery);
- Oversee the maintenance and closure of operational cash management instruments;
- Respond to queries from field offices related operational cash management.
- Contribute to the year-end closure process and in the preparation of the year-end financial statements for assigned areas;
- Provide training to personnel on banking processes, rules/policies, and systems;
- Recommend payment solutions and process efficiency initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate daily and timely settlement of financial transactions (Deposit, money market fund, periodic investment, FX transaction, etc)
- Review, confirm and approve financial transactions in compliance with UNOPS investment policy;
- Monitor and oversee daily the reconciliation of deals made by the front office;
- Contribute to the maintenance the treasury management system core data, counterparts, user access, etc.
- Support the Front Office Treasury with processing and managing bank guarantees, Letters of Credit, and other Trade Finance Products.
- Maintain and update SoPs on cash accounting, financial transactions and accounting, cash management and forecasting, and GL reconciliation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of corporate systems and tools;
- Contribute to product designs and implementation.
Risk management and reporting
- Set up and maintain a dashboard that collates data from the Treasury Management System (TMS) to facilitate financial transactions analysis, reporting, compliance and control;
- Provide quarterly Middle Office KPI and variance analysis report;
- Provide weekly reports on critical master data including changes to users, counterparties, payment information, etc;
- Contribute to the reduction of error and fraud due to properly set up user rights and segregation of duties in the TM;
- Oversee the updating and maintaining counterparty data in the treasury management system;
- Monitor and oversee bank charges postings and establish internal control procedures to ensure their nature and proper recording;
- Support the preparation of year-end audit letters to ensure bank balances and transactions are properly audited.
- As the Team Lead of five people, Establish team priorities, and supervise the implementation of the middle office work plan ;
- Set team objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely and client-focused services. Monitor implementation and oversee progress;
- Promote teamwork and collaboration by providing the team with clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently;
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
- Advanced university degree required in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field.
- Bachelor’s degree with an additional two years of relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of a Masters/advanced university degree.
- Treasury certification, such as CFA, ACT or AFP would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance is required (if in possession of advanced university degree)
- Banking or Treasury experience is a mandatory requirement; experience in middle office/back office operations is a big plus (incl. but not limited to payments workflows, swift knowledge, confirmations, reconciliations and investigations of financial markets transactions)
- Experience using a TMS would be an asset (implementing or using Kyriba as a TMS is a big plus)
- Experience using single and multi bank platforms is a benefit
- Experience using Finastra/CMS is a benefit
- Some experience in dealing with UN organizations is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English
- Knowledge of French and Spanish would be an asset.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.