University of Texas at Austin
Job Posting Title:
Educational Leadership and Policy
Position Open To:
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Earliest Start Date:
Nov 22, 2021
Expected to Continue
UT MAIN CAMPUS
To provide accounting support for ELP department, including revision and approval of payments, travel vouchers, correction vouchers, reconciliations and handling of assigned department inquires in addition to addressing vendor inquires. Provide a high level of customer service support for ELP faculty students, and staff to ensure compliance with university policy and procedures.
- Accounting: Responsible for reviewing account balances, account charges, all vouchers (VP1, VP2, VPE, VT5, VP5), scholarships (SS1, SS2), and ProCard documents. Preparation of monthly reconciliation report; preparation of monthly account balance report. Prepare faculty allocation expenditure reports and other reports for Chair and Dean’s office as requested. Maintain/review, balance forward analyses, account corrections (VT6s), and transfers. Prepare ad hoc financial reports as requested by department chair, administrative manager, and Dean’s office.
- Compliance: Interpret and ensure compliance with University policies and procedures, and state and federal laws and regulations. Assist with documenting and monitoring internal controls. Consistently evaluate and recommend improvements to business processes that further the broad goals of ELP to enhance efficiency, effectiveness, and controls. Maintains files and records including confidential and restricted information.
- Track Requirement of department endowments to ensure compliance with endowment charters. Track endowment balances and income. Work with Office of Research Support to monitor grant expenditure and balances for faculty. Collaborate with Grants and Contracts Specialist to produce monthly financial reports for each faculty member.
- Financial Planning: Assist the Administrative Manager of the department with preparation of annual budgets. Track financial commitments for various departmental programs and faculty incentives. Analyze department budgets, develop financial projections, and make recommendations to the department Chair and Administrative Manager regarding strategic financial changes and/or the ability to fund future endeavors.
- Support: Collaborate as an integral member of the ELP team, work in partnership on initiatives and goals in the areas of deposits, payments, procurement and contracts, and other duties as assigned. Serve as back up HR Partner, HR Assistant, I-9 Partner, and Time Keeper for transactions in Workday. Process ad hoc costing changes for all staff and faculty. Process and approve all financial HR transactions in Workday as Cost Center Manager. Collaborate with the team on voucher creation when needed. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field. Two years of experience in finance or accounting with experience in purchasing, planning, and financial analysis. Experience in budgeting, accounting and reporting. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience working with Cognos, DEFINE, UT Direct/FRMS, BUD, VIP Direct, and other UT systems. Demonstrated experience problem solving and researching financial inquiries. Excellent written and oral communication. Ability to work effectively with staff, and collaborate effectively with staff, colleagues, leadership, and partners. Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines. Professional demeanor. Highly detail-oriented. Ability to be discreet with confidential matters and to use sound judgment to facilitate independent decisions. Capable of working independently; Strong attention to detail. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or CPA. Extensive experience in Accounting or Finance or CPA. Experience with Workday. Experience with financial audits. Working knowledge of UT accounting and procurement policies and procedures. Experience working in university environment. Experience working with databases. Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
$50,000 + depending on qualifications
Typical office environment.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important: You will be prompted to submit your resume in the first step of the online job application process. Then, any additional Required Materials will be uploaded in the My Experience section; you can multi-select the additional files or click the Upload button for each file. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
Employees may be required to report violations of law under Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). If this position is identified a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified and provided resources for reporting. Responsible employees under Title IX are defined and outlined in HOP-3031 .
The Clery Act requires all prospective employees be notified of the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report. You may access the 2021 report here or obtain a copy at University Compliance Services, 1616 Guadalupe, Suite UTA 2.206, Austin, TX 78701.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.