About Stanford Residential and Dining Enterprises
R&DE Stanford Dining, a division of Residential & Dining Enterprises, serves over 12,000 meals per day. Its operations include 11 undergraduate dining halls, two late-night dining operations, Schwab Executive Dining , an athletic training table program, the Teaching Kitchen @ Stanford , Community BeWell Gardens, and summer conference dining. As the dining department of the world’s premier research and teaching institution, R&DE Stanford Dining promotes food as a multidisciplinary educational experience and engages students in food issues such as those related to health, the environment, social equity and the global economy. R&DE Stanford Dining has been recognized for its culinary excellence by awards such as the prestigious industry Ivy Award by Restaurants and Institutions for its environmental leadership role, by numerous awards such as the Acterra Award for Sustainability, and most recently was named Most Vegan-Friendly College by peta2 for its vegan and vegetarian offerings, and certified as a Responsible Epicurean and Agricultural Leadership (REAL) restaurant by the United States Healthful Food Council for its use of nutrition and sustainability best practices. For more information, please visit www.dining.stanford.edu.
SUMMARY OF POSITION*:
This position is responsible for:
- Working with students, faculty, staff and guests to assess dietary needs and provide appropriate dining accommodations
- Providing nutrition consultations to students via Zoom
- Maintaining Food Allergies @Stanford membership and communications
- Coordinating with culinary and management teams to communicate needs of students with Food Allergies, religious dietary requirements, or medical nutrition needs and develop collaborative solutions to meet these needs
- Representing the Food Allergies @Stanford program to campus and non-campus stakeholders, acting as primary liaison for the program
- Evaluating the Food Allergies @Stanford program through regular food allergy audits, assessments and surveys to ensure continuous quality improvement for Food Allergies @Stanford initiatives
- Conducting regular food allergy and special diet trainings for all staff (including casual, bargaining unit, culinary, management and support staff)
- Maintaining up-to-date ingredient, allergen and dietary information for all products, recipes and menus
- Participate in the planning and design of meals for individuals and student populations to ensure nutritional standards are met.
- Facilitate dietary modifications as required by research studies.
- Provide nutritional education and/or counseling to research participants, chefs, students participating in health-education classes and students with nutritional needs.
- Develop programs to meet individual needs and nutritional goals. Coordinate and supervise students with nutrition related issues.
- Conduct and document nutritional assessments.
- Participate in cross-campus teams, panels, committees and working groups engaged in health education programs.
For clinical trials, additional duties may include:
- Support clinical research protocols with Principal Investigator.
- Document individual and program results in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Contribute to development and implementation of subject recruitment and screening strategies as required.
- Assist in implementation of data collection procedures.
* – Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in nutritional science, dietetics, or related field and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to convey nutritional concepts to individuals of varying ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Verbal skills to conduct interviews and present nutritional concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information (verbal and written) with tact and diplomacy.
- Written English skills to document nutritional assessments.
- Ability to assess individual nutritional needs based on age, weight, physical activity, and general health.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Current Registered Dietitian Certificate.
- Registered Dietitian and member of the American Dietetic Association.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, sit, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation, writing by hand.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.