Caritas Czech Republic (CCR)
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network, Caritas Internationalis and Caritas Europa. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
To ensure adequate monitoring and safety of distributed food under the newly started project in partnership with the Wold Food Program (WFP) to implement the school feeding activities in respective Governorate, CCR is looking for a Food Safety Officer with an experience in food quality insurance in the Iraqi context. In addition, the Food Safety Officer is expected to support the local partner’s team in the organization of the food procurement, food processing and food handling process to targeted school in respective District.
- Collect testing samples in daily basis of received food at the partner’s warehouse.
- Conduct tests to ensure that received food is free of harmful micro-organisms, such as bacteria and fungi.
- Ensure that received food is in high quality and match with the specifications required by CCR .
- Check the production and expiry dates of manufactured items (cheese, water and juice) and ensure that all received items are valid.
- Ensure that all received items adhere with the nutrition content specified by CCR and partner.
- Develop and maintain food safety and quality assurance system.
- Develop and utilize food safety and quality checklists.
- Ensure that incidents are investigated and reported in timely manner.
- Conduct school inspection visits in coordination with M&E and project manager to ensure that food handling and distribution is being implemented by school personnel in a quality and safe manner.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the project coordinator.
- Field Monitor to follow up closely on CFW and pay specific attention to the most vulnerable groups to ensure the compatibility with CFW’s SOP
- Collect and maintain record of the quality of delivered materials and services in the field.
- Lead field enumerators for data collection to inform mid-term and final evaluations.
- Ensuring that information about CCR programmes and approaches are available to target communities, notably through the development of visibility leaflets, community orientation sessions, etc.
- Conduct continuous site monitoring visits to check progress of project implementation and daily time-sheets in place to record participation.
- Submit weekly activity reports to the M&E officer and Project coordinator.
- Document success stories.
- Track-sheet of completed/not completed infrastructure
- Ensure adherence to CCR policies and standards.
- Providing weekly and monthly analytical reports and recommendations to programme teams on the basis of complaints and feedback received from target communities.
- Ensure the application of proper compliant mechanism in the camp according to CCR’s standards.
- Ensure that all received complaints are registered and recorded in the complaint registration database according to the provided guidelines.
- Ensure that all the complaints are followed up closely with relevant department in order to resolve them within 2 working weeks (14 days).
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- university graduate, ideally food quality, food processing or another relevant field
- Previous experience in food quality insurance and implementation of food distribution projects.
- Excellent English and Arabic both written and spoken.
- Good organizational skills and ability to analyse information
- Motivation, creativity and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a diverse team, managing stressful situations and results orientation
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address [email protected]
The application must include a 1-page cover letter and a maximum 2-page CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 8 November 2021
As the subject of e-mail please insert exactly “Food safety Monitor”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ name_name of position_Cover letter
NOTICE: Due to the urgency of the position, CCR reserves the right of starting the interviews with selected candidates before the closing date.
Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.
Note: This TOR was established on the basis of non-discriminatory principles in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnicity, race and disability
- Local candidates are motivated to apply and given preference
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.