A day in the life of a Food Security & Livelihoods Technical Lead
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact. Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
The Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Technical Lead (TL) provides strategic advice and oversight to the Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan FSL portfolio. The FSL TL supports ministry leadership by developing, designing, and implementing high quality interventions and ensures that sufficient capacity exists within the FSL team to respond to ongoing humanitarian and development needs. The FSL TL develops FSL proposals, in collaboration with the grants unit, and secures new FSL program funding. The FSL TL ensures effective coordination with program managers in the field and with the necessary FSL clusters and working groups (ex. food security cluster, cash working group, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources, etc.). The FSL TL maintains working relationships with internal stakeholders (ex. global technical advisors, regional team), external stakeholders (ex. government ministries), and funders (ex. BHA, WFP, FAO etc.). This position reports to the Learning and Strategic Development Director and works closely with all relevant sector program managers and area coordinators.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrate substantial experience in the design, implementation, and management of FSL programs within the humanitarian sectors
• Maintain a good understanding of FSL programs, including graduation from poverty, early warning early action (EWEA), resilience, cash-transfer programming, gender-sensitive livelihoods, and income-generating activities
• Knowledge of institutional donors and a proven track record developing funding proposals and reports for a range of institutional and other donors
• Experience in agricultural extension activities
• Experience with proposal development, grant management, and report writing
• Good knowledge of the project cycle
• Good report writing and reviewing skills
• Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree in agriculture, forestry, or environmental science and five (5) to ten (10) years of humanitarian work; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: English Fluency Required
Travel Expectations: 30% of time spent in the Field
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.