This Accountant position will be responsible for various accounting functions related to transaction processing verification and analysis in areas of AR and AP. Supports the accounting team with general accounting administration.
Why work for Galt:
Galt Foundation’s mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Galt has and will continue to create a better workplace – one in which employers have access to skilled and motivated workers, and people of all abilities can find meaningful, sustaining work.
- Employer paid benefits after 90 days
- PTO accrual
- Devoted and friendly team to help you advance your career
Full time or Part-time, 20 hours minimum
Mon – Fri, working remotely
- Prepares, enters and maintains journal entries for all accounting transactions of the agency
- Setup of new vendors into agency system ensuring compliance by vendors
- Performs year-end 1099 filing with the IRS
- General administrative assignments for the accounting section
- Document scanning
- Ensures transactions are correctly recorded and classified to present the financial condition of the agency accurately
- Working experience with accounts payable and receivable required
- The accountant must possess the ability to work with little to no supervision
- Can learn new software programs if necessary
- Professional demeanor and ability to work with a team in a professional manner
- Must be self-motivated
The Job Application Process:
As an employer of people with disabilities, we understand assistance or accommodations may be required throughout your job application process. While we utilize online forms and electronic signatures throughout our online application and on-boarding process, should you need to complete intake paperwork in-person at a Galt Foundation office, you may indicate so by checking the “Accommodation Requested” box in the job application. If you do not require in-person intake assistance, after you complete this online job application, you will receive an email with next steps.
Note: all job applications take up to five (5) business days to process. This ensures we create equal opportunity for those that need or do not need in-person intake assistance.
Galt Foundation is a non-profit staffing agency. Our mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities to individuals that have disabilities or conditions. We give priority in hiring to individuals with conditions and disabilities, including medical, physical, and psychological conditions.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.