Guatemala, El Salvador or Honduras
Consultant will be expected to:
- Make technical recommendations that strengthen regular program activities implemented by grantees in the areas technical areas listed in the competencies section below;
- Attend monthly meetings with challenge staff and grantees;
- Review and provide written comments on grantee technical reports and milestone deliverables;
- Conduct site visits;
- Provide strategic advice and coaching to ensure the grantees identify good practices, adapt approaches, optimize impact, and minimize unintended consequences;
- Pull from their knowledge and previous work on gender issues in the workplace, introducing transformative best practices and proven approaches that help advance gender equality in the region.
Activities may vary slightly, but will not go beyond the above stated SOW. The consultant will report to the challenge director, working in close collaboration with the challenge analysts and broadly across Catalyst.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Have a minimum 7 – 10 years of experience working on issues of women’s economic empowerment, gender norms, GBV, attitude and behavioral change and other related areas;
- Have significant knowledge of approaches to addressing these issues in the Latin America/Central America region, with preference for prior work experience in at least 1 of the 3 target countries;
- Be based in Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador or have significant experience living in the region;
- Be Spanish-English bilingual.
- Advocacy and behavior change campaigns that support gender equity, equality, and empowerment at the household community, and national levels, as well as in the private sector;
- Workplace policies, protocols, and procedures to encourage women’s leadership, equal pay, flexible/remote schedules and/or childcare;
- Codes of conduct, operational practices or other efforts that address GBV and harassment in the workplace;
- Programming to address attitudes, norms, and behavior by encouraging men to support women’s professional advancement, increasing self-esteem, and promoting behavior change;
- Value/supply chains in urban and rural contexts, particularly in the areas of agriculture, STEM, and other high-value markets for women’s engagement;
- Impacted-oriented skill-building for women in or entering the workforce in new and promising value chains to increase opportunities for women, in all their diversity, as everyday employees, MSME owners, as well as leaders and mentors in male-dominated fields, particularly in urban centers or regional centers of growth;
- Inclusive practices that enhance women’s access to credit, capital, information, and technology;
- Strategic partnerships that put women in the driver’s seat on innovative technology, products for export, and new market opportunities.
- The employee must be able to travel within their respective base country (Guatemala, El Salvador, or Honduras) to visit the solver organization(s).
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.