CCA - ACC
Employment Opportunity (Overseas)
GHANA COUNTRY MANAGER
The Canadian Cooperative Association (www.coopscanada.coop) is seeking applicants for a Country Manager for a five-year, 7 million CDN, project that will increase sustainable, gender equitable food security for over 42,000 women and men in seven districts in the Eastern Corridor of Northern Ghana. This project is funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Development and Trade (DFATD). The Country Manager will lead a team of 3 local staff and co-ordinate project management with two local organizations: SEND Ghana and the Ghana Co-operatives Credit Unions Association (CUA).
Key responsibilities include:
• Project implementation
• Leading and coordinating the preparation of annual work plans and budgets with partners
• Monitoring, analyzing and managing project risks
• Managing relationship with DFATD, partners, other NGOs, and other stakeholders, in the field
• Identifying, recruiting and managing technical assistance
• Ensuring contractual compliance with DFATD, including financial and reporting compliance
• Supervising local CCA staff and managing the field office
• University degree in a relevant field, plus 5-7 years experience in implementing and managing development projects
• Demonstrated experience working in international agriculture and food security
• Demonstrated competence in international development, project management, financial reporting and control
• Proven effectiveness in managing relationships in cross-cultural and complex environments
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to co-operative forms of enterprise
• Demonstrated good judgment
• Previous experience in Africa is an asset
WORKING CONDITIONS: The position is located in Tamale, northern Ghana, with considerable local and some regional travel anticipated.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience.
TERM: 1 year, with possibility of extension
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] by November 12, 2014, with “Ghana Country Manager” in the subject line.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.