Are you able to influence,support and steer cross-organisationally to drive income growth**? Do you want to be the person that will lead transformational income growth for Amnesty International at a global level?**
Managing relationships with Global Trusts and Foundations, the role will be instrumental in securing and stewarding income to support a wide variety of Amnesty’s human rights work globally. Gender Justice, Climate Justice, Corporate Accountability, Surveillance and Refugee & Migrant Rights are just some of the areas you could get involved in. It’s a role that bridges our programme delivery teams with funders who want to make a difference. You will join a small team of experienced fundraisers who year on year exceed targets.
An experienced individual who has secured grant funding and/or investments especially from philanthropic funders, you relish the opportunity to not only ensure that Amnesty’s work secures more funding but also that our relationships with funders are best in class and mutually rewarding. You are adept at building relationships both internally and externally and able to coach and guide key stakeholders to ensure optimum outcomes.
- Lead and collaborate with the team on the development of concept notes, proposals and opportunities to secure financing from Philanthropic community particularly Trust and Foundations funding Human Rights work.
- Ensure our commitments to our funding partners especially donor reporting is fulfilled on time and to high quality.
- Work closely with Amnesty Global Teams to develop and design multi-year programmes of work to share with Trust and Foundations. This includes the development of intervention logics, theories of change, impact indicators and budgets.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of developing large scale (multi-year) funding proposals or investment cases ($500k+) to a variety of international trusts, foundations or other institutional sources.
- Experience in developing new philanthropic partnership/business development for non-profits or social enterprises.
- Excellent written communication skillswith a proven ability to explain complex issues clearly to external audiences.
- You are able to communicate with empathy and sensitivity in dealing with and building relationships with key stakeholdersboth internal and external at different levels of seniority.
- You can influence when required and make recommendations on alternativecourses of action if appropriate.
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
*N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.***
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.