NRC believes in a world where the rights of displaced and vulnerable persons are protected during a crisis. We do this through our programmes, where we provide assistance to meet immediate humanitarian needs, prevent further displacement and contribute to durable solutions. At the root of our programmes are our solid technical expertise and specific sectorial knowledge aiming for the highest possible quality, whether in stand-alone or integrated approaches.
The Emergency Response Section (ERS) in the Field Operations Department is responsible for developing and operationalising NRC’s global “centre of excellence” on preparedness and emergency response. Thus, the ERS is responsible for ensuring that NRC has the required methodology, guidance and capacity in place for rapid deployment to assess needs, initiate coordination and start any required first response activities in affected countries. The Section also operates Roving and Surge capacities for human resource mobilisation to existing and new operations. The Global Roving Logistics Manager – Start-up is one of these global roving capacities.
We are looking for an experienced, analytical, flexible, high-energy, results-oriented colleague with excellent interpersonal skills and fluent in both English and French to help ensure that the logistics set-up is according to NRC’s standards and procedures and to support programme/project implementation across our different country offices.
Come work with us!
What you will do
As the successful post holder, you will play a crucial role of ensuring that the logistics set-up is according to NRC’s standards and procedures, and to support programme/project implementation in a start-up.
The main purpose of the Global Roving Logistics Manager – Start-up position is, but not limited, to:
- Be the interim Logistics Manager in a start-up country establishing NRC standards and procedures, or
- Function as interim Logistics Manager in an existing NRC country programme
- Function in a Logistics Advisory capacity to a Country or Regional Office, to:
- Develop national staff capacity within logistics, AND/OR
- Review and audit existing logistics work in an operation, AND/OR
- Develop and improve the logistics provision in an operation, including support with implementation of global strategic initiatives
The Global Roving Logistics Manager – Start-up will undertake short-term assignments, up to 6 months. When there is no start-up, the Global Roving Logistics Manager – Start-up will be required to undertake shorter-term missions to NRC country programmes to different NRC country operations. Assignments are based on requests from NRC’s Country/Regional Offices.
What you will bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in logistics;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Experience in first phase humanitarian response and operational set up
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge and skills in market assessments, analysis and cash-based interventions;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in both English and French, written and verbal;
- Valid driver’s license.
We know that you are curious and would like to learn more about this role; please click here to access the full Job Description.
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee;
- A chance to ensure that the logistics set-up is according to NRC’s standards and procedures;
- A 2-year full-time international contract with 75% deployed and 25% non-deployed, home based while non-deployed;
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face.
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience in your application**
Cliquez ici pour postuler
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email or application letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web unjobvacancies.com