CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE is seeking an experienced the Grants & Finance Manager (GFM) to lead, manage and direct overall Agreement & Partner Agreement Management function of CARE’s Ukraine Response program in Poland working very closely with the Humanitarian Response Director, Award Management Solutions (AMS) and CARE USA Humanitarian team as well as CARE’s local administration and finance teams. The most critical elements of the job requirements are to ensure compliance with CARE and donor requirements.
The Grants and Finance Manager will be responsible for compliance with the CARE International (CI) partner funding agreement policy and CARE USA partner funding agreement procedures to include: mutual assessment of partners (e.g. Due Diligence Assessment); contracting; mutual financial and compliance monitoring.
Responsible for compliance with donor agreement terms and conditions, and CARE’s relevant policies including CARE USA’s Agreement Management Policy.
- Partner selection, contracting, monitoring and closeout
- Capacity Strengthening of Local Partners
- Agreement and Partner Financial Management & Reporting
- Agreement Management
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Business Studies/CPA relevant postgraduate diploma or degree desired.
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and experience of humanitarian work in similar contexts
- Extensive experience in capacity strengthening of civil society organizations, and other partner organizations.
- Five years of relevant grant and contract work experience, of which at least 2 years in an international and/or humanitarian operating environment
- Experience in donor grants and contracts management
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Polish with fluent verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong coaching, mentoring, training facilitation, and team building skills
- Strong coordination, negotiations and facilitation skills
- Experience working with International organizations of similar size with CARE.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]**
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time. *
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.