Cedefop - European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training
Head of ICT, Facilities and General Services
Cedefop – European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training
Cedefop invites applications for the position of Head of ICT, facilities and general services, Temporary Agent.
Applications must be submitted on-line from the following link: on-line application, through the procedure: Cedefop/2021/05/AD.
For External applicants, the grade offered is AD 8.
For Interagency applicants, the grade offered is AD 8 – AD 9. To be eligible for interagency mobility, you must satisfy all of the following requirements on the closing date for submission of applications and on the day of filling the vacant post:
- be employed in one of the EU agencies in function group and grade AD 8 or AD 9;
- have at least two years completed service within your current agency;
- have successfully completed the probationary period provided for in Art. 14 of the CEOS in the relevant function group.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 12 January 2022 at 13:00 Greek time (CET+1).
Your role shall be to establish and lead a newly created Service which will bring together ICT, facilities, and general services. The mission of the service will be to ensure that the Agency is making the most of digital technologies in a safe, efficient and modern working environment.
The service will be part of the Department for Resources and Support and you will report to the Head of Department. Other services in the Department are Human Resources and Finance and Procurement.
Your key responsibilities:
You will define, in consultation with the Head of Department, the objectives of the service within the overall strategic planning of Cedefop, and ensure and monitor their achievement, in particular:
- oversee the digitalisation of the Agency, i.e. the design and implementation of information systems and solutions required to enable and support the activities of the Agency in a secure manner:
- drive the execution of the ICT and digitalisation strategy of the Agency (4), i.e. provide guidance and leadership in the coordination, management and followup the of the implementation of strategic ICT initiatives;
- ensure that the Agency avails of modern ICT infrastructure (hardware, PCs and servers, software, network, telecommunications) as well as audio-visual equipment necessary for the accomplishment of its tasks.
- upgrade and modernise Cedefop’s infrastructure management, incl. the design of modern office space and the implementation of Cedefop’s greening strategy, i.e. a comprehensive set of measures to reduce Cedefop’s carbon emissions and footprint;
- oversee the efficient functioning of the Agency’s building, meeting rooms and premises, i.e. preventive and corrective maintenance of civil assets and technical installations, design and refurbishment of premises and of Cedefop’s meeting rooms and its audiovisual equipment;
- within the area of responsibility, foster good working conditions contributing to the wellbeing of staff, while ensuring compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and oversee the implementation of security-related policies as security coordinator;
- participate in relevant inter-agency networks (e.g. the inter-agency ICT and greening networks) and working groups and handle relations with local authorities on safety, security and building-related matters.
You will use extensively your team leadership, organisational and management skills to ensure the sound and efficient management of the staff, budget and technical resources of the service.
You will guide and motivate your staff (a team of 13, of which 6 ICT, 3 facilities and 4 general services) and oversee the execution of an annual budget of about EUR 2.2 million. You will contribute to the teams’ effort by accomplishing results, adding value both as leader and as an individual contributor.
The upcoming challenges of the new service for the period 2022-2025 are, among others: to supporting the transition to cloud infrastructure and SaaS solutions while maintaining the highest level of cyber-security and data protection; and capitalising upon the lessons learned from the Covid-19 crisis to modernise the Agency’s infrastructure, increase efficiency in managing assets and resources and ensure systematic and concerted effort towards climate neutrality.
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.