The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Monrovia, Liberia.
As Head of Programme for a Multicountry Programme funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), you will support the development, implementation and monitoring of this programme in Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Myanmar, Niger, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan and Tajikistan. The programme aims to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable communities in targeted countries against the negative impacts of rising food prices, particularly in relation to food and nutrition security and livelihoods, and to help improve gender equality. You will oversee the work of the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) consisting of a MEAL Coordinator and a Financial Administrator and maximize the impact of Welthungerhilfe on the basis of Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards.
- Ensure high quality and compliant programme operations, supported by appropriate MEAL measures and timely reporting to Head Office and to the donor
- Support the various country teams (Heads of Project and Partner Organizations) as needed with technical and project management guidance
- Lead, participate in, and oversee the preparation of work plans, budgets, and other relevant project documents, including assisting in ensuring successful programme completion as well as compliance with Welthungerhilfe’s quality standards
- Represent Welthungerhilfe externally to coordinate programme approaches and project activities with partners and other stakeholders
- Conduct monitoring visits of the programme on site, if necessary
- A university or polytechnic degree in international/rural development, nutrition, agriculture, project management, or a related field
- At least 5 years of programme management experience in humanitarian and/or development programming
- Experience with project implementation by partners would be an advantage
- Experience with German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) donor regulations would be an advantage
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and a willingness to travel to difficult settings
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 29, 2022 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.