ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) - Najaf
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference;
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact;
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times;
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond;
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary IRSP (International Retirement savings plan), medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Housekeeper
Duty Station: Iraq –Nasiriyah Governorate
Reports to: Office Clerk in Najaf Sub-Delegation
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 10 May 2022
Deadline for applications: 23 May 2022
The Housekeeper is to make sure that ICRC premises are clean. S/he interacts with other ICRC employees and/or the users of ICRC premises.
- Provides cleaning/housekeeping/laundry services at ICRC premises;
- Attending other assigned duties when requested by the line manager;
- Informs his/her supervisor about any issues regarding the premises (materials needed to carry out duties, malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or premises, etc.);
- Check the level of water and gas, and report for refilling;
- Supports maintenance, logistics and other colleagues in a variety of manual tasks when assigned to the office.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Primary school education;
- Two years’ work experience in such position;
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles;
- Very good in written and spoken of Arabic language and basic knowledge of English;
How To Apply
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months probation period.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.