Job Overview: The Housing & Logistics Coordinator leads efforts to secure and coordinate the furnishing of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees and helps reduce barriers to housing security for longer-term clients. They also lead the procurement and distribution of furnishings and supplies to new arrivals, schedule client transportation, and coordinate interpretation services as needed to meet client needs and satisfy program compliance requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Establish partnerships with property owners and managers, building strong working relationships with the goal of increasing access to housing for refugee families and to coordinate client home repair requests as needed. Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations to support a positive resettlement experience.
· Establish local procurement relationships and inventory management protocols in accordance with IRC and donor requirements through purchasing and in-kind donations.
· Manage a team of support staff, volunteers, and interns in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards.
· Identify and secure safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees in compliance with established program requirements.
· Coordinate logistics of housing set-ups including ordering furniture and supplies and arranging delivery, arranging utility hook-ups, facilitating lease signings and renewals, arranging payments, and conducting home safety inspections.
· Coordinate logistical activities related to resettlement services including transportation and interpretation support provided by interpreters and other team members.
· May coordinate the delivery of orientations to clients.
· Satisfy recordkeeping requirements.
· Make recommendations for continuous improvement in related areas.
· Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience required.
· Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
· Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex logistics involving multiple stakeholders within a limited timeframe.
· Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
· Proven success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Superb organization, planning, and logistical skills.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
· Ability to regularly lift ~50 lbs.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.