- HR Functions:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Country Director, the HR and Admin Coordinator will be responsible for the overall HR functions; including the recruitment, hiring, salary administration, and benefits for all staff and HR administrative support services.
- Coordinate implementation of staff development and capacity building plan.
- Maintain human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Prepare and process all national staff employment contracts.
- Facilitate adequate orientation process for all incoming employees (National& International)
- Ensure IRI personnel files are kept accurate and confidential.
- Ensure updated leave tracker, attendance, HRIS database are available.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth. Maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Conduct a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, employees’ handbook, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments and suggest any updates.
- Work with the management to ensure performance appraisals are carried out for every staff after probationary period and at least once a year.
- With the assistance of the Finance Manager, obtains cost effective, employee serving benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Review current HR practices, and together with IRI team develop and suggest new more appropriate ones.
- To contribute to the Organization Development level, including training and development of staff.
- Assess the staff’s capacity building and development needs in the office jointly with line managers.
- Ensure proper, professional, documented and clear communication with staff regarding all aspects of the HR activities.
- Ensure proper and timely screening of new recruits including monthly report on screening.
- Perform any additional tasks as instructed by line manager and IR Iraq management team.
- Admin Functions:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Country director, the HR and Admin Coordinator will be responsible for the overall Admin functions; including the below:
- Serve as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with government and other offices, individuals, and external organizations and agencies.
- Translate documents and provide interpreting for expats and visitors.
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices.
- Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence.
- Train and support staff in adopting a unified filing system.
- Maintain the archiving of all files according to the global archiving policy.
- Arrange and facilitate the process of visas and residency for expats and visitors.
- To ensure movement of people and goods is in comply with the rules of the country.
- Ensure security and receptionist staff greet and handle visitors in a professional manner.
- Arrange travel and accommodation requirements of staff and visitors.
Office Facilities and equipment:
- Oversee the facilities management of all Islamic Relief Offices and accommodation premises.
- Ensure that all offices in the country use and comply with IRW guidelines and national Health & Safety regulations while ensuring we maintain a good working environment in all workplaces/offices.
- Ensure that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly prepared and updated so as to meet IR Iraq’s needs; including fair and reasonable commitments from service vendors; and to comply with legal obligations.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Primary liaison with the landlord and other service providers (internet, phone, car service, etc.).
- Ensure that adequate measures are in place to safeguard the assets of the organization.
- Maintain the asset register and ensure all new assets are registered and tagged.
- Ensure there is sufficient fuel for the generator.
- Ensure that premises suitable for operations are available and that they are maintained and cleaned properly.
- Ensure adequate security and safety measures are in place at to minimize risks to staff and associated stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit departmental reports regularly.
- Assist with the preparation of overall country budgets.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly experience non-governmental organizations.
- At least 4 years of relevant NGOs work experience in HR and Admin management position.
- University degree from accredited university in HR, Degree-level in a Business Administration, management or a related field.
- Master’s Degree in Administration and Management preferable.
- Commitment to the values and principles of IR.
- Knowledge of the legal terms for employment and local laws that organize the labor related issues.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in building cooperative relationships.
- Strong communications, interpersonal, organization, and listening skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Ability to work courteously and confidentially with people in person and on the phone.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Possess the knowledge of computerized information systems used in administrative applications, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail, and Internet.
How To Apply
Dear Applicant: If you are HR/Admin Person, experienced , competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Thursday , 04:00 pm , 23 December, 2021).
Please write the position title: (HR and Admin Coordinator) in the subject of the email.
CVs will not be accepted
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.