Position Title: HR Assistant
Duty Location: Belgrade
Duration: 12 months
Type of Employment: Full- Time
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis.
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
In response to the increased number of people on the move from 2015, the IRC began responding in the Balkans to assist vulnerable refugees, asylum seekers and migrants. Since the conflict in Ukraine started and consequent displacement into neighboring countries from February 2022, the programs are established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across the South-east Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum and integration services. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
The HR Assistant will assist IRC Balkans with its efforts in the European refugee response. The individual will participate in several administrative topics of the full employee cycle. Along with the supervisors the HR Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of efficient and effective administrative support to the department. Additionally, according to the department needs she/he will participate in the recruitment process to ensure timely and quality national recruitment for the IRC Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support onboarding and integration of new hires.
- Participate in recruitment process by uploading positions, screening candidates organizing interviews etc.
- Be responsible for keeping employee files and records updated both in soft and hard copy.
- Be the focal point for annual leaves, timesheet collection and trainings tracking.
- Assist with staff training sessions, workshops, and activities.
- Assist with payroll management.
- Assist in resolving administrative and employment matters related to Human Resources, by collecting information, preparing notes to the file, and getting approvals.
- Support exit management
- Perform other job related tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
- Applies IRC HR Policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, business administration, social science or relevant field;
- 1 year of experience within HR/recruitment/talent acquisition and/or administration is desirable as well as experience in an international NGO context
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities, working late as vital to meet aggressive deadline;
- Fluency in English required.
- Self-motivated, transparent, highly responsible, and punctual.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct – Integrity, Service, and Accountability
- The IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. **
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to apply
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis and IRC reserves the right to conclude the recruitment with a qualified candidate prior to the deadline.
All interested applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter following the link below:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.