Farsight Africa Group
About Farsight Africa Group
Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the grassroots and national level.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate HR Officer who will be involved in sourcing, recruiting, planning the overall HR strategy and assist in creating and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Develop training and development programs
- Organising staff training sessions and activities
- Provide counselling on policies and procedures
- Lead in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Looking after the health, safety and welfare of all employees
- Work closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an HR Officer or similar HR role
Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay & benefits, recruitment, on boarding, evaluation, training & development etc.
Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
Proficient in MS Office
Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Good decision-making skills
Strong ethical standards
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
Location and Duration
The position will be based in Nairobi and the indicative start date is 1st November 2021. The contract is expected to run for a period of 6 months with possible extension based on satisfactory performance.
How to apply
Send in your resume, accompanied by a cover letter, in PDF format with the subject “HR Officer” to [email protected] on or before the 20th October 2021.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.