Purpose/objective of the position:
Is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures, and the correct administrative management of all staffs working in the project according to the line manager’s indications and INTERSOS procedures, to ensure legal compliance to local laws
- In line with the recruitment policy, conduct the recruitment process for the assigned vacancies in the area and select applicants who meet the specified criteria for the position in close coordination with the hiring managers.
- Coordinate with the hiring managers and operations manager to plan and identify the staff needs in the area.
- Ensure that the recruitment process is properly documented and archived.
- Ensure that all new joiners sign their contract on time, assigned an email, receive their ID badge and IT equipment if needed.
- Using the BCL (Briefing check list), ensure that all staff are inducted on HR topics properly upon on boarding, along with other briefing topics (e.g. Security, COVID, CP/PSEA).
- Track and report the inductions/briefings given to staff in the area of responsibilty on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all staffs in the area of responsibility (National, international, visits, etc.) are properly briefed and/or inducted.
Employee Data Management
- Collect the personal documentation of the new joiners during on boarding, scan them properly, and attach them on IMP.
- Enter/update data into the HR database (IMP and Internal Database) on a regular basis.
- In coordination with Erbil team, ensure that staff personal dossier is kept up to date containing all standard documentation to facilitate HR processes management.
- Ensure that staff documents are properly checked and validated (signed by the relevant parties) before sending them to the coordination team.
Attendance & Leaves Management
- Assist line managers to ensure that all staff have a pre-agreed annual leave plans that are updated every quarter.
- Track and approve leave requests and share leave balances with the staff/line managers on a quarterly basis. Ensure that the leave tracker is up to date on a regular basis.
- Retrieve attendance documents (hard copies/electronic reports), review/approve them, and prepare the monthly timesheet (allocation sheet) accordingly.
Salaries & Payroll
- Prepare and collect the signatures of the monthly pay-slips and ensure that staff receive their copy.
Employee Conflicts/Disciplinary Actions
- In close collaboration with the line managers and HR Manager, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible staff conflicts in the area.
- Support the HR Manager/coordinator when taking disciplinary measures.
- Support the bases with performance management, address/report capacity building needs from evaluations.
- Follow up on the implementation of the staff’s performance appraisal system, track and review performance evaluation form, and validate the process (forms signed and properly filled) before sharing them with coordination team.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR Manager, the managers in detecting training needs through consolidating staff’s performance result, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, and follow up on action plans to improve people .
- Ensure that staff receive and sign their contracts correctly and on time, carry out amendments/renewal/non-renewal and contract termination formalities for employees in the area of responsibility as per the internal regulations.
- Track and follow up on the contract status of employees in the area of responsibility, and request support from the coordination team.
Employee Exit Procedures
- Ensure that the exiting staff completes/goes through the clearance procedures as per the policy and conducts an exit interview.
- Follow up with the coordination team to ensure that exiting staff receive their employment certificates at the end of a contract to meet legal requirements while defending INTERSOS’s interests and based on Internal Regulation.
- Guide and support managers and staffs on HR policies and procedures and monitor the implementation of the rules in line with the Internal Regulation.
- Update local Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and
- In coordination with the HR Coordinator, ensure to update and communicate the organization chart to the area team on a regular basis.
- Responsible that all official administrative information/communications are available to staff through postings, meetings, and/or internal chatrooms.
- Support in translating documents/communications into local language If needed.
- Prepare and share statistical/narrative monthly HR reports to the operations/HR Managers.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Facilitate and support in arranging internal HR workshops and trainings for national staffs in the area of responsibility.
- Conduct regular visits to field locations to support/meet with the staff.
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in Business Management/Administration, or any relevant degree
- Minimum 1 year relevant professional experience in Human Resources and experience in an INGO.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good technical knowledge in country bylaws.
- High confidentiality, respect, integrity, and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.