University of Adelaide
Work type:Continuing – Full-time
Categories:Human Resources, HEO10
(HEO10) $128,731 – $137,201 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply
Continuing position available immediately
Key leadership role within Human Resources
By every measure, The University of Adelaide stands tall among the world’s leading institutions of learning and innovation considered one of the top 1% of universities worldwide, and the leading University in the State of South Australia.
The HR Shared Services Manager is a critical contributor to the Senior Leadership Team and works in close collaboration across several of the organisation’s Faculties and Divisions. The role is responsible for the effective leadership of the HR Shared Services team and associated services, as well as the development and implementation of strategic HR initiatives.
The HR Services portfolio consists of 6 specialist areas and together are responsible for all HR operational activities, Talent Acquisition, Payroll, Compliance, Remuneration and benefits and Immigration. This position will also work closely with the ITDS branch to manage the implementation and development of HR systems. Strong partnerships with the Planning & Analytics branch will ensure HR data, legislative reporting and associated analytics are fit for purpose and easily accessible.
As the HR Shared Services Manager, you will provide exceptional leadership to the Shared Services team as well as other key stakeholders, and foster a culture of innovation, service, and collaboration.
Reporting to the Director, HR Services, responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing effective contributions and being an active member of the HR Leadership team
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of HR improvement projects, policies, and protocols.
- Manage, motivate, and develop the HR Shared Services team to deliver effective support to the University.
- Develop and maintain effective partnering relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain a culture of customer service within the HR Shared Services portfolio
- Manage and maintain the HR Information system and associated systems
- Implementation of HR projects both within the HR Portfolio and across the organisation
- Ensuring compliance within HR Shared Services and institutional compliance and risk management across the business
- Provide support to the Director, HR Services with effective operation to the business
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team in a large organisation
- Strong experience in a strategic HR Management role within a complex business environment
- Proven experience in developing effective workforce and people management plans
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a shared services environment
- Proven experience in coaching and mentoring a team or staff
- Ability to work collaboratively across areas and communicate effectively, including presenting to a diverse audience.
- Expert knowledge of the use of information technology to support best practice business processes and process change management.
You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and technical capabilities, career development opportunities, a welcoming working environment and the opportunity to drive genuine organisational change.
Applications close 5th December 2021
To apply please click the link below or call Denise Antoniou on 08 8216 3502 for a confidential discussion.
HR Shared Services Manager (robertwalters.com.au)
Please do not apply through the University of Adelaide website.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.